UPS fined

JL 0513

SAFETY FIRST! Unless it hurts production.

Safety as it is presented in training is all fantasy and if implemented literally would put us out of business in a week.

Imagine if every package in UPS' system, every day, at every touch point, was moved using the 8 keys to lifting and lowering as demonstrated by training? Hahahahahahahaha! The whole system would implode.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
What
View attachment 111451

Lol. Except when it comes to drivers working tired because you set the start time really late and have them out 14 hours.

What a joke.

What a joke, you stayed up too late and did not get the proper rest now you are tired because the start time is to late and it's UPS fault.

I guess you have no responsibility to be properly rested before you come to work and get behind the wheel. You had 10+ hours off be responsible!

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
What

What a joke, you stayed up too late and did not get the proper rest now you are tired because the start time is to late and it's UPS fault.

I guess you have no responsibility to be properly rested before you come to work and get behind the wheel. You had 10+ hours off be responsible!
If all else fails, cocaine is readily available.

jaker

trolling
What

Shut up , 10 hrs off is enough . Most people live at last 30min so there is a hour gone . You need at least 8 to sleep so now you have a total of one to get ready for work

I am sorry you can not work like that 5 days a week , yes one or two but not 5

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Only company I know where working 14 hours is a "normal shift." Wanting to work anything less than that you are basically a piece of crap. Our job is very physical 14 hours behind the wheel on a daily basis is extremely dangerous. Just my honest opinion they preech safety in public but never would pull drivers off the road for "tiredness".
Not a job for gurls!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Shut up , 10 hrs off is enough . Most people live at last 30min so there is a hour gone . You need at least 8 to sleep so now you have a total of one to get ready for work

I am sorry you can not work like that 5 days a week , yes one or two but not 5
Don't forget eating, personal details, stuff around the house, etc.

jaker

trolling
Don't forget eating, personal details, stuff around the house, etc.
Eating is for the weak , personal details are not important and stuff around the house that is for your wife to do

But you can't find a sup working after 7

Last edited:

iowa boy

What

Dragon,

Can you get off work at 11 pm, drive home, take a shower, eat something, and get to bed in an hour so you can get your 8 hours of sleep? A lot of us would like to know as it takes me over an hour to do everything I just asked about above and it usually take me til 12:30 to be mentally ready for bed.

If I have to work again at 9 am the next morning, I'm getting less than 7 hours of sleep, and as I get older, I need more 'beauty' sleep to function effectively now then I did 20 years ago.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Only company I know where working 14 hours is a "normal shift." Wanting to work anything less than that you are basically a piece of crap. Our job is very physical 14 hours behind the wheel on a daily basis is extremely dangerous. Just my honest opinion they preech safety in public but never would pull drivers off the road for "tiredness".
Do you report it when you are too tired to safely continue driving when you feel this way?

What response do you get when you do this?