Ups freight contract....

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Straight from the teamster.org website.

If you don't think it's accurate;

Go talk to some of the boys at Yellow Freight or Roadway.

Oops, they don't exist anymore. They had to combine companies to stay afloat.

Hence.... YRC.

Oh yeah, talk to a driver from Holland.

-Bug-
This isn't 2008

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
ups and the teamsters have agreed to create 100 road run jobs in the next contract over 5 years... wtf???? That’s 20 per year.... omg Hoffa...pitiful!!!

From what I've read their use of contractors is out of control. They have lots of drivers doing a few hours of local work and finishing their hours on the dock while contractors pull the loads.

What a joke!

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
From what I've read their use of contractors is out of control. They have lots of drivers doing a few hours of local work and finishing their hours on the dock while contractors pull the loads.

What a joke!

At this point;

I have to give a big.... Meh.

Where are all the grievances ?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Let's take a walk down memory lane.

How about CF.... (Consolidated Freight)

That was in 2001.

Do you know any of the history, behind that ?

And the effect it had on the Central States Pension fund ?

They are 2 separate contracts.

-Bug-
The simple fact is the company's financials look as good as ever and the labor market is as strong as ever. The economy is doing great.

The teamsters had the strongest negotiating position they've had in decades yet somehow came away with nothing that looks like a big win.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Contract-Givebacks-Exposed.jpg

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
At this point;

I have to give a big.... Meh.

Where are all the grievances ?

The text below is part of a message I received on BrownCafe. This driver messaged me about transitioning from freight to UPS and asked for advice. Ironically, we are both part of the same Teamster's local. I've also had freight drivers ask me questions on the road while on meal.

My main issue currently, though I am on a Bid run, guaranteed nightly, is this... there are 14 men that run at night here. Out of the 14 only 8 are distance runs (out and back) the rest are mini hub (work the dock on both ends)... earning seniority is not my issue, but getting 8 hrs within my job description is. I’m a grorified dock worker with an 84 mi run. This would not be an issue, but currentlyat my terminal alone we are running 7 contractor runs per night, 2 of which show up in Day Cabs forswap runs!

It's possible freight is not breaking any rules, I don't know their language but that seems like an extremely high number of contracted runs to me.

This is exactly what our new contract is going to do to us. Current runs will stay in but new run creation will slow dramatically, IMO. They will simply use Coyote drivers to do the work.

Tony Q

ups and the teamsters have agreed to create 100 road run jobs in the next contract over 5 years... wtf???? That’s 20 per year.... omg Hoffa...pitiful!!!
UPS Freight makes pretty much zero profit. I would personally like to see it voted down and closed all together. If they can't deal with being the highest compensated Freight members in the country, then close up shop and work at YRC.

Tony Q

It’s pathetic... 20 jobs per year... hope they vote it down also!!
You do understand that their major sticking points are subcontracting and wanting to make the same wage you do as a feeder driver. All while making hardly any profit. I honestly cant comprehend you giving a realistic defense for them making the same wage as you do, all the while they get a better over all pension.