Ups freight contract....

govols019

You smell that?
UPS Freight makes pretty much zero profit. I would personally like to see it voted down and closed all together. If they can't deal with being the highest compensated Freight members in the country, then close up shop and work at YRC.

Why is compensation always the most important thing to you?

Tony Q

Why is compensation always the most important thing to you?
Because if you are talking about a sustainable business it has to work. See I am in charge of you having a pension and a sustainable business model so others pay into your pension so you can live a good retirement. You are a member. I respect you, but you don't see the whole picture. This is where I take over.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Because if you are talking about a sustainable business it has to work. See I am in charge of you having a pension and a sustainable business model so others pay into your pension so you can live a good retirement. You are a member. I respect you, but you don't see the whole picture. This is where I take over.
A properly ran pension shouldn't need any more money for me after I retire. If it does it's a Ponzi scheme.

Inthegame

A properly ran pension shouldn't need any more money for me after I retire. If it does it's a Ponzi scheme.
That statement exposes your ignorance of the unfunded liability situations Pension plans lawfully live under. Reminds me of a quote attributed to Abe Lincoln, "better to remain silent and appear the fool..." no need to finish it.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
That statement exposes your ignorance of the unfunded liability situations Pension plans lawfully live under. Reminds me of a quote attributed to Abe Lincoln, "better to remain silent and appear the fool..." no need to finish it.
I'm gonna have to live 15 years into retirement just to get back what was put in on my behalf.

If unions really cared about what was in the workers best intrest they'd negotiate that sum to go directly into each workers individual retirement account.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
So..Tony Q..You are claiming to be in some way in charge of our pension benefits..Are you on the board of trustees or a plan administrator in any pension trust?

Inthegame

If unions really cared about what was in the workers best intrest they'd negotiate that sum to go directly into each workers individual retirement account.
The union has negotiated participation in IRA's for members, but IRA's, as their same indicates, are individual accounts with 100% risk on that individual.
Unions, as their name indicates, are focused on the group.
Members that aren't as financially savvy as you, (or don't have a second spousal income) benefit from participation in professionally managed pensions.
As you know, we're all not in CSPF.
I'm gonna have to live 15 years into retirement just to get back what was put in on my behalf.

Our average retiree draws 23.4+ years. Spousal benefits push that another 4.7 years.
My neighbors Teamster father retired at 56 and just turned 93. Mortality tables across the board have men living to 84, and continue to rise.
With the tip top shape UPS keeps you in, you'll make 100.

Crumudgeon

POW-MIA.. never forget...
Although it does contain some clarification on some fuzzy language, and brings a little more clout to the grievance table, I am a firm NO vote, and I urge all others to vote no. Although it has a few good points the bad ones are really BAD. It creates a two tiered pay scale, we can't sell our future brothers and sisters out. No change to progression, adding 20 jobs a year, WTF, oversight on contracting, I have heard that before. We are well paid, benefits are reasonable for this day and age. I have been hearing we should make what small pak makes, not a chance, while we certainly have a difficult job, the Package truck drivers are a whole different story, no comparison. The wage increase is semi pathetic, but still puts us well ahead of our competitors. I'n my humble opinion it is not about money. Vote NO!!!!

Crumudgeon

Truthfully I am not upset by our pay, not at all, I do well, thank you. The new hires are the ones taking it in the gazoo. Our Health care is good, pension needs some tweaking, 4 years of progression unacceptable, no paid holidays, unacceptable, two=tiered pay, unacceptable. Union always meant to me, same job, same pay.....

Crumudgeon

I would love to see them Strike. We would lose the highest paid drivers in the freight industry, but all the other places would get some quality drivers that they so desperately need.
A no vote is not a strike vote, we are not too far apart. Need to go back and say, "Fix a few issues", Carey or Ol' man Hoffa would have shoved this proposal up UPS's hootenanny... {as my Grandfather used to say}....