UPS gave me a Christmas present.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I can't stand the newer package cars, I hope my 2006 P700 holds up for thirteen more months. It's a little slow with 388K miles on its 4.3 Mercedes engine, but its size is perfect for a residential route. It's shorter and has a tighter turning radius than most cars. My Helper remarked yesterday that he appreciated me going into long driveways, I get as close as I can like I am walking them off. I got it brand new so I can understand that its nice to have a new car. The first new package car I got was in 1984, it was a GMC P-1000 with manual steering and the high steps. Those were garbage.
Your engine is liable to explode at any time if it hasn't been replaced already.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Your engine is liable to explode at any time if it hasn't been replaced already.

It got replaced about two years ago when a front seal started to leak. Five transmissions, I was told the earlier 5 speed Allisions had software problems. I looked at some slightly newer gas P700s during the Summer when we got a bunch of new cars in, but they were junk compared to mine. I tip my mechanic and he takes care of me.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
It got replaced about two years ago when a front seal started to leak. Five transmissions, I was told the earlier 5 speed Allisions had software problems. I looked at some slightly newer gas P700s during the Summer when we got a bunch of new cars in, but they were junk compared to mine. I tip my mechanic and he takes care of me.
Transmissions will have issues if the shift adapt parameters don't get reset at replacement. I rarely have to replace Allisons.

Last edited: