UPS GOLF CARTS

Future

Victory Ride
IMG_2929.JPG

Catalina island

wkmac

And how many stops with just 1 package at a cubic foot or less?

Things have changed since you retired. Irregs have gone through the roof, 1/3 of feeder pickup volume for us are irregs and package pickup getting there. Bulk stops in resi are not unusual at all. We are even delivering King Size beds, sofas and I even saw a washing machine recently and they weren't going to businesses. Wally does have a point.

wkmac

Back in the 1980's my wife and I were out in SW Colorado 4 wheeling and we ran across a UPS driver and his package car was a 4 wheel drive 3/4 ton van. He told us about some back trails to the north rim of the Black Canyon and the next day we met him near Crawford and we followed him on the way to his next stop. He pointed out the turn off and away we went as he carried on. Never saw him again to thank him but man did he have some views to ride in every day.

south_rim_drive_1.jpg

newfie

Things have changed since you retired. Irregs have gone through the roof, 1/3 of feeder pickup volume for us are irregs and package pickup getting there. Bulk stops in resi are not unusual at all. We are even delivering King Size beds, sofas and I even saw a washing machine recently and they weren't going to businesses. Wally does have a point.

ya'll ain't got no home depots or wal marts down there ?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Back in my day, a bulk stop was usually something like a WalMart ... a stop getting 30 or more packages.
A really big package was called a 'really big package'.
When did the cuckservatives start calling a really big package a bulk stop?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I had 2 large outdoor Rubbermaid totes, a stroller plus car seat combo, a queen size bed and head board, a commercial popcorn machine, and a commercial cotton candy maker on my truck today.

Oh almost forgot had a complete exhaust system for a truck also.

Couldn't walk through the truck completely unimpeded until 5pm.

Brownslave688

Back in my day, a bulk stop was usually something like a WalMart ... a stop getting 30 or more packages.
It's not that rare to have 10+ packages for a homeowner anymore.

And I had 2 boxes for a home today that took up more room than the 60 I had for my first bulk stop of the day.

wkmac

We have those too as well that come from/go too residential locations. Something called internet businesses. We call those multiples.

BrownArmy

You've been out of the scene for a while, but then again, your drivers' experience is limited.

You have no idea what we're delivering these days.

Look up 'Wayfair'.

Pottery Barn.

Amazon: air conditioners, gas grills, trampolines (multiple packages!), etc.

I delivered a 'truck-bed' cover today - couldn't back up into the driveway, etc, the 125lb label was false (mosdef 175lb), took me ten minutes, hand-truck etc.

One stop, ten minutes.

Safety first, I'm not even joking.

wkmac

I had 2 large outdoor Rubbermaid totes, a stroller plus car seat combo, a queen size bed and head board, a commercial popcorn machine, and a commercial cotton candy maker on my truck today.

Oh almost forgot had a complete exhaust system for a truck also.

Couldn't walk through the truck completely unimpeded until 5pm.

I just ordered 2 108 qt Plano boxes from Amazon plus a Camp Chef 2 burner Explorer Stove and the poor Fed Ex driver was not very happy as they all came together. ;)

Brownslave688

I just ordered 2 108 qt Plano boxes from Amazon plus a Camp Chef 2 burner Explorer Stove and the poor Fed Ex driver was not very happy as they all came together. ;)
It was nice when we added the surcharge. That stuff disappeared for a couple months. It's all back now.

Brownslave688

You've been out of the scene for a while, but then again, your drivers' experience is limited.

You have no idea what we're delivering these days.

Look up 'Wayfair'.

Pottery Barn.

Amazon: air conditioners, gas grills, trampolines (multiple packages!), etc.

I delivered a 'truck-bed' cover today - couldn't back up into the driveway, etc, the 125lb label was false (mosdef 175lb), took me ten minutes, hand-truck etc.

One stop, ten minutes.

Safety first, I'm not even joking.
Yep but time allowances continue to go down. Keyless entry saved you 6 seconds on that stop man.

6 WHOLE SECONDS!!!!