UPS Guilty of Race Discrimination? Shocking! July 27, 2010

pretzel_man

Where did you pass the bar? "It appears the company was not allowed to present evidence it felt would help their case." Just admit it..They lied as usual.

I'm not a lawyer either, but I do have basic reading and comprehension skills.

Tell me where the brief says that UPS lied?

BTW, did you read that the discrimination case was thrown out?

Do you think it irrevelant that the jury was not allowed to hear that?

sportsjocku2

UPS may not be racist but some of their Management are. That's for sure! Example Management came to me asking me to apply for one of the three positions they had coming open for part time supervisors. Myself, one Asian employee and one latino employee this was back four months ago. All three of us signed out packets back in November, the Asian guy ended up getting promoted and the latino guy wasn't promoted because his attendance was bad. Now as for me the black guy..they claim my supervisor messed up my paperwork and hey had to re do it. Now keeping in my all three packages were completed at the same time but, mine they messed up on. Okay you know if you aren't promoted by Decemeber 31st you will have to submit all of the paperwork and letter of intent all over again January 1st. Okay all paperwork DONE and SUBMITTED!! I go to HR to check on the status I am told by HR my supervisor hasn't completed my package yet. If I could follow up with him, and they would follow up as well. Now I am thinking why do I need to go follow up with my Supervisor when their is a process in place for him to follow. Mind you this is now the second time around. Now if he only messed up on one part why is it taking four months to complete it. Now the kicker of it all..a white employee who started in November 2010, submitted his letter of intent to this same supervisor has signed his packet and rumor has it he's going to get promoted. In the mean time I am still waiting on my packet to get completed after four months and had all ready signed one packet that the supervisors held on their desk until time expired. I don't miss work, I follow all of the policies and procedures and I don't call in sick. Now if I am not getting promoted for my performance what else can their be. When an Asian, and a White guy is being promoted. Can't be the education because I have that to.

I haven't made a big deal about it but, I just think it is funny how transparent the UPS Management is. Their is so much madness at this center it's sickening. Some employees come to work when they get ready no sick days but, they still get paid for it. Then you have the black employee that does come in and uses one of his sick days and he gets threaten to be fired. its unbelievable. But I hear this is the last week for the Supervisor at this center.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
UPS may not be racist but some of their Management are. That's for sure! Example Management came to me asking me to apply for one of the three positions they had coming open for part time supervisors. Myself, one Asian employee and one latino employee this was back four months ago. All three of us signed out packets back in November, the Asian guy ended up getting promoted and the latino guy wasn't promoted because his attendance was bad. Now as for me the black guy..they claim my supervisor messed up my paperwork and hey had to re do it. Now keeping in my all three packages were completed at the same time but, mine they messed up on. Okay you know if you aren't promoted by Decemeber 31st you will have to submit all of the paperwork and letter of intent all over again January 1st. Okay all paperwork DONE and SUBMITTED!! I go to HR to check on the status I am told by HR my supervisor hasn't completed my package yet. If I could follow up with him, and they would follow up as well. Now I am thinking why do I need to go follow up with my Supervisor when their is a process in place for him to follow. Mind you this is now the second time around. Now if he only messed up on one part why is it taking four months to complete it. Now the kicker of it all..a white employee who started in November 2010, submitted his letter of intent to this same supervisor has signed his packet and rumor has it he's going to get promoted. In the mean time I am still waiting on my packet to get completed after four months and had all ready signed one packet that the supervisors held on their desk until time expired. I don't miss work, I follow all of the policies and procedures and I don't call in sick. Now if I am not getting promoted for my performance what else can their be. When an Asian, and a White guy is being promoted. Can't be the education because I have that to.

I haven't made a big deal about it but, I just think it is funny how transparent the UPS Management is. Their is so much madness at this center it's sickening. Some employees come to work when they get ready no sick days but, they still get paid for it. Then you have the black employee that does come in and uses one of his sick days and he gets threaten to be fired. its unbelievable. But I hear this is the last week for the Supervisor at this center.

Sounds to me like UPS did discriminate, only against the Asian kid. Giving him the PT sup job discriminated against him, because it's really a demotion. They only did you a favor.

Not sure why the thread is in the IT area, but I can say that the IS group does have some management people who discriminate. I agree with an earlier statement that UPS is not a racist company, but there are racist people within UPS. I am sure this is the case with many corporations. I don't think people should get promoted based on anything except their education and skill set, but this is not the case. I have seen many situations where people get promoted based on who they know, skin-color, race and religion. At the same time I have seen people not get promoted based on skin-color, race and refusal to be a puppet. My best conclusion is that it will vary based on the area you work. As for my area, I have yet to see any blacks or hispanics get promoted. About 90% are white the other 10% is Indian (as in the country India, not the Native Americans) or Asian.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I don't think people should get promoted based on anything except their education and skill set, but this is not the case. I have seen many situations where people get promoted based on who they know, skin-color, race and religion. At the same time I have seen people not get promoted based on skin-color, race and refusal to be a puppet.

At any Corporation, "being a puppet" is a skill that must be in the skill set and one cannot get promoted unless they are. In 38 years at UPS I have only met a couple if people at grade 18 or higher who were not puppets. (note: I am a 16 ... see how it works?)

Last edited:

Dfigtree

<<In 38 years at UPS I have only met a couple if people at grade 18 or higher who were not puppets. >> I ain't no puppet. I mean, I wasn't no puppet.