UPS has been infected!

zimbomb

Everyone knows ups management is infected. They have been poison for year's. Any incestuous hierarchy is doomed to incompetents and corruption. Expecting this company to take simple proactive measures is just crazy talk.

Speedway convenience store is raising the rates of its employees from today to April 29, 2010. They also will receive 10 days of paid time off if infected. No union.

zimbomb

Speedway convenience store is raising the rates of its employees from today to April 29, 2010. They also will receive 10 days of paid time off if infected. No union.
That's great News. I hope more company's offer payed time off. The uninsured or underinsured workforce is the most worrisome aspect of this pandemic. Hopefully Americans wake up after this and welcome the idea of universal single payer healthcare. Say what you want about the rest of the first world, but they won't be going bankrupt due to medical treatment.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Cant accept that the non-union speedway employees got a better deal? You seem very sensitive for someone just pointing out a fact.
Really?
Cause I just looked it up, and entry level Speedway employees make less than 10 an hour.
Entry level UPSers make 14.

Store managers apparently make about 42K a year.
UPS drivers make just a shade more than that.

As for the paid time off, UPS will also pay me if I am infected, if a family member is infected, or if I am ordered to quarantine.

Tell me again how great Speedway is?

Brownsocks

Just a dog
First, there is that whole Hipaa violation thing if anyone notifies anyone about a medical condition. If you have herpes, even though it could spread to others, the company or any individual in the company violates the law if they tell others. A person has the right to privacy. If they let others know then that is their right. Next, do you know if they didn't reach out?
Is their a violation if it is anonymous ?

Brownsocks

Just a dog
That's great News. I hope more company's offer payed time off. The uninsured or underinsured workforce is the most worrisome aspect of this pandemic. Hopefully Americans wake up after this and welcome the idea of universal single payer healthcare. Say what you want about the rest of the first world, but they won't be going bankrupt due to medical treatment.
Universal healthcare is for sheep. I will keep my Union healthcare.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Everyone knows ups management is infected. They have been poison for year's. Any incestuous hierarchy is doomed to incompetents and corruption. Expecting this company to take simple proactive measures is just crazy talk.
Haven’t seen the sanitizer stations, gloves and masks that were promised by our district manager who is probably playing golf today (86 degrees today)