UPS inducts nearly 1,500 of its safest drivers into Circle of Honor

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member

UPS inducts nearly 1,500 of its safest drivers into Circle of Honor - UPS

UPS (NYSE:UPS) today announced the induction of 1,495 of its drivers into the Circle of Honor, an elite group of UPS drivers who have not had an avoidable accident for 25 years or more. Made up of drivers across four continents, this new class has a total of 37,375 years of safe driving.

“In this era of distracted driving, it’s an incredible accomplishment when our drivers are inducted into the UPS Circle of Honor,” said Carol B. Tomé, UPS Chief Executive Officer. “All UPS drivers understand the important role rigorous training and safety protocols play in keeping them, and our communities, safe. Collectively, our drivers log more than 3.5 billion miles each year on roadways around the world, and our Circle of Honor drivers are among the safest on the road. I’m so very proud of what our Circle of Honor drivers represent.”

With the approach of Distracted Driving Awareness Month in April, UPS encourages all drivers to be more intentional about safe driving habits. According to the CDC, nearly 3,000 Americans are killed each year in crashes involving distracted drivers. Worldwide, about 2.5 million car crashes a year are attributed to distracted drivers.

rod

Retired 22 years
What do you get now days for that honor? Free meal and a night in a fancy motel? Strange looking sport-coat? Prize? Plaque?

oldngray

nowhere special
What do you get now days for that honor? Free meal and a night in a fancy motel? Strange looking sport-coat? Prize? Plaque?
laurel.png

Karma...

I remember when it was quite an event in my district that included the family of the drivers and much festivities..The Circle of Honor is an honor and rightfully so...Drivers are the public face of UPS and deserve public recognition...We had a motto here...Circle of Honor. Masters of the Road......High praise and well deserved..

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I remember when it was quite an event in my district that included the family of the drivers and much festivities..The Circle of Honor is an honor and rightfully so...Drivers are the public face of UPS and deserve public recognition...We had a motto here...Circle of Honor. Masters of the Road......High praise and well deserved..
We had a motto also
Circle Jerk of Honor

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Those days are gone…

Karma...

those days are long gone......turning public destroyed the culture........I am glad I am retired.....every time I see those unwashed brownies driven by the sloppy drivers I cringe....a similar view extends to america in general.......I am glad that I came of age when I did...high school 1970.....it was the best of times and the worse....

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
those days are long gone......turning public destroyed the culture........I am glad I am retired.....every time I see those unwashed brownies driven by the sloppy drivers I cringe....a similar view extends to america in general.......I am glad that I came of age when I did...high school 1970.....it was the best of times and the worse....
A tale of two America’s

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Amen brother. No way in hell would I want t be growing up now. Kids now days don't realize the fun they are missing out on that we experienced.
All with no cable tv, no cell phones, no internet or video games. Imagination and mischief. 😂

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Nothing that I know of.( what the driver receives in hub )
When I first started the company would sponsor a cookout where all the wives and kids were invited and district managers would attend.
It was really nice.
Now there is nothing that i know of. Oh ya one time they cut out the full page advertisement from the USA
and posted it on bulletin board.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
We got a leather bomber jacket. Sold mine on eBay for $250.
Was better looking than those ugly coats you real old timers received.

rod

Retired 22 years
We got a leather bomber jacket. Sold mine on eBay for $250.
Was better looking than those ugly coats you real old timers received.
They couldn't have designed an uglier sport jacket if they tried. Mine is burried so far back in the closet I doubt it will see daylight until after I'm gone. It should have been tossed years ago.