UPS is at a crucial point in its history. Here's how it got here - and where it might be going.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
UPS is at a crucial point in its history. Here's how it got here - and where it might be going. - Yahoo

Carol Tomé is heading into her second peak shipping season as CEO of UPS. The continuation of the pandemic and surge of the Delta variant have already ensured that this one, like Tomé's first, won't be anywhere near normal. What has changed is UPS itself.

After more than a year in the top spot, Tomé has seen her business strategies and management style start to take hold. Preaching "better, not bigger," she's carefully choosing customers whose business benefits UPS the most. She's embracing controversial labor strategies that fit closer to the rest of the gig-economy-obsessed delivery world rather than UPS's 114-year-old history. She's keeping a laser focus on UPS's spending.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
UPS is at a crucial point in its history. Here's how it got here - and where it might be going. - Yahoo

Carol Tomé is heading into her second peak shipping season as CEO of UPS. The continuation of the pandemic and surge of the Delta variant have already ensured that this one, like Tomé's first, won't be anywhere near normal. What has changed is UPS itself.

After more than a year in the top spot, Tomé has seen her business strategies and management style start to take hold. Preaching "better, not bigger," she's carefully choosing customers whose business benefits UPS the most. She's embracing controversial labor strategies that fit closer to the rest of the gig-economy-obsessed delivery world rather than UPS's 114-year-old history. She's keeping a laser focus on UPS's spending.

Please define: controversial labor strategies...

rod

Retired 22 years
Judging by the article and an attached article, she wants to use more PVDs and I’m guessing less Teamsters.
No doubt about it but it appears that most on here have their head burried in the sand and think that is alright to use more PVDs if its only during peak. These are the same people who are saying peak lasts all year now.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
No doubt about it but it appears that most on here have their head burried in the sand and think that is alright to use more PVDs if its only during peak. These are the same people who are saying peak lasts all year now.
I really don’t understand why so many people have no interest in something that really affects their future. As an outsider looking in, I also don’t understand why union officials don’t bend over backwards to try to get people more involved with the union.

But the less people are active in the union the higher the chances of the union going under. People being involved is what made the Teamsters so strong.
Well if they voted it would make the union stronger.

You can't have less than the 50% turnout on a contract vote that affects your life for the next 5 years
And you cannot have a less than 25% vote for a strike and expect anyone else to take you seriously