Ups is for the birds

Hardworker74

What’s up with your first 30 days driving turning into a 90 day trial people have to make a living and getting swindled into a position that is not full time sucks I work one day out the week and am a new driver it’s almost going on 3 months and these geniuses can’t seem to figure out how to work there schedule then they don’t let you know that your on schedule until 30 min prior to work starting then have the nerve to mark you as late when I tell you ups is a bunch of bs especially the hub in mesquite they are horrible no sense of helping the employee the supervisors are incompetent and don’t know what they are doing and the manager is just as bad it suck but I won’t quit I’ll wait for them to lay me off then file for unemployment in the meantime I work for Amazon and make easy money have time with my family and don’t go thru any of the mess that ups deals with I got benefits and everything and nothing but a headache with ups lol folks who have allowed this system to do them wrong are lacking self confidence don’t allow for the ignorance of a company to hold you back keep striving to get more the rest will take care of itself and eventually the idiots in charge will be long gone hope you all have a wonderful day

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
What’s up with your first 30 days driving turning into a 90 day trial people have to make a living and getting swindled into a position that is not full time sucks I work one day out the week and am a new driver it’s almost going on 3 months and these geniuses can’t seem to figure out how to work there schedule then they don’t let you know that your on schedule until 30 min prior to work starting then have the nerve to mark you as late when I tell you ups is a bunch of bs especially the hub in mesquite they are horrible no sense of helping the employee the supervisors are incompetent and don’t know what they are doing and the manager is just as bad it suck but I won’t quit I’ll wait for them to lay me off then file for unemployment in the meantime I work for Amazon and make easy money have time with my family and don’t go thru any of the mess that ups deals with I got benefits and everything and nothing but a headache with ups lol folks who have allowed this system to do them wrong are lacking self confidence don’t allow for the ignorance of a company to hold you back keep striving to get more the rest will take care of itself and eventually the idiots in charge will be long gone hope you all have a wonderful day
Punctuation please. Future posts will not be read without it. Thank you.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
This is to weed out the weaklings like you.
Go ahead and work for Amazon for 30 years. Doubt you will retire a millionaire like most UPSers.

This ain't an airport....dont have to announce your departure.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
folks who have allowed this system to do them wrong are lacking self confidence
Drivers (which you are not) easily make 6 figures at top rate. I think we are doing just fine, bud. The “system” is far from perfect but we make it work to our advantage.
don’t allow for the ignorance of a company to hold you back keep striving to get more the rest will take care of itself
Now you’re giving advice?? LMAO! You’re over here crying about getting dicked around and the very next sentence you’re trying to tell us how to succeed? GTFOH

pkgdriver

My trash can is empty. My hazmat placard and ERG(emergency response guide) are up to date. Dont ask me about the umbrella above the passenger door. I know nothing about it. ✊

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
Come to the railroad! Any RR. They’re all hiring. On call the first five years and 200 years later they still haven’t made a schedule… Just ride it out brother if you don’t like it go to Amazon

My schedule for the week literally says extra
Extra probability that I’ll be called at 3 AM

Steamer

Sorry but it's usually due to seniority. They have been cutting a few drivers each day at our center as well. They just don't need the help yet more than likely. They aren't going to turn down help when they need it. It's just bad timing. It happened to us all when we first started. Some weeks you will get 5 days. Some it will be 1 or zero. Until you move up in the ladder.
Good luck making 100k or more a year at Amazon.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
People don't understand that they have a winning lottery ticket when they get on here.
Especially for a HS grad or someone without a trade.

It's all about attitude.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Damn that was difficult. Almost passed out because the only period was at the end.

If you just wait around and deal with it you’ll be alright