UPS Lady Driver Stabbed While Delivering

outta hours

She is doing better and is at home. She even called in today joking that she would not be at work today. Seems like a wrong place wrong time deal more than anything. Guess you never know what weirdos you will encounter at your next stop.

Sometimes doing a swap out in the middle of the night at a deserted warehouse I feel a little uneasy myself. I always try to keep my head on a swivel.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
She is doing better and is at home. She even called in today joking that she would not be at work today. Seems like a wrong place wrong time deal more than anything. Guess you never know what weirdos you will encounter at your next stop.

Sometimes doing a swap out in the middle of the night at a deserted warehouse I feel a little uneasy myself. I always try to keep my head on a swivel.
That is really good news.

When I first started driving, doing the rural rtes that I know so well now, I had a really hard time being out there in the dark not knowing where I was going. I confessed this to my night sup that I had at the time. He remembered it and when it started getting late he would always stop and check on me. He send me messages to see how I was doing or just send a funny joke. It helped alot. Now I know the areas so well it doesn't bother me as much.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
This is the perfect case for a driver to have a concealed carry permit. She could have turned and blasted him. . . . no need for police that are minutes away. She might not be in as bad a shape if she handled it herself. When dealing with the public you need to have your head on a swivel. Know your surroundings. Hope she makes it through.

+1

helenofcalifornia

Wow! Hope this "attacking the package car delivery person" isn't becoming a new trend. Maybe we should all have signs on our trucks that say "Driver Does Not Carry Cash." Glad she is joking around.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
She could have turned and blasted him. . . . no need for police that are minutes away
And then she would be in deep trouble because of a hate crime.

Wonderful, aint it. He can stab the crap out of her, and he is considered off in the head, or a victim of society, but if she shoots him, its a racial issue and hate crime.

I love my country, I just hate what they've done to it.

Im glad that the wounds were not more serious than what you have reported. Im sure her angels were working overtime.

d

Mike57

Tpl

To be fair, I have seen UPS go far beyond that extra mile for employees that get hurt, even while on their own time. Had a guy here involved in a MC accident, hit a guardrail, and UPS saw to it he got one of the best electronic arms available. Not insurance, but UPS.

And the feeder driver that was killed out of Ktown a while back. They have done tons for the family of that driver.

So while they do fall short at times, at others, they do shine.

Just being fair.

I do wonder how many times he was able to stab her, as she was trying to get away, and he was still after her when the police got there. That could be several minutes plus.

You want to talk terror........God bless her.

d
Most every company has a heart Union OR non union.

Mike57

That's very good news .Always be aware of your surroundings. If you're in your car or at work!!! What do they say grow that 6th sense or something like that!

feederdriver06

former monkey slave
And then she would be in deep trouble because of a hate crime.

Wonderful, aint it. He can stab the crap out of her, and he is considered off in the head, or a victim of society, but if she shoots him, its a racial issue and hate crime.

I love my country, I just hate what they've done to it.

Im glad that the wounds were not more serious than what you have reported. Im sure her angels were working overtime.

d
If she already had a stab wound in her back and she blasted him i don't think she would have to worry about a hate crime. I know I wouldn't . I woulda shot that bastard again and again and again regardless of his skin color.

Tpl

To be fair, I have seen UPS go far beyond that extra mile for employees that get hurt, even while on their own time. Had a guy here involved in a MC accident, hit a guardrail, and UPS saw to it he got one of the best electronic arms available. Not insurance, but UPS.

And the feeder driver that was killed out of Ktown a while back. They have done tons for the family of that driver.

So while they do fall short at times, at others, they do shine.

Just being fair.

I do wonder how many times he was able to stab her, as she was trying to get away, and he was still after her when the police got there. That could be several minutes plus.

You want to talk terror........God bless her.

d
Danny, I'm glad to hear that you have witnessed acts of fairness and even above/beyond the call from UPS. It warms my insides to know that.(no, I'm not being condescending) However, in my 24 years with UPS I have never seen it here, it's hard enough to get them to do the "RIGHT" thing much less anything beyond that. I can not remember even one time that a member of management started a get well card ( hell it's hard to get them ti sign the card)for a MIA driver, forget about "taking care" of them.
Having said that, I have seen a couple of times where an O/C sup would donate a few bucks(out of his pocket) for a driver that was hurt off the job, but the drive to help them came from an hourly. And trust me, the company/management staff have had plenty of opportunities do show a little compassion.

raceanoncr

Danny, I'm glad to hear that you have witnessed acts of fairness and even above/beyond the call from UPS. It warms my insides to know that.(no, I'm not being condescending) However, in my 24 years with UPS I have never seen it here, it's hard enough to get them to do the "RIGHT" thing much less anything beyond that. I can not remember even one time that a member of management started a get well card ( hell it's hard to get them ti sign the card)for a MIA driver, forget about "taking care" of them.

Hmpf! trp, you really think so? HA! I been out nearly 7 months now. You wanna know how many times a supe, center manager or anybody with a tie has called? Zip, nado, zilch, etc!

Oh, I know, if it'd been comp, it would be different story. We've had em calling every DAY, in the name of "Caring". Since mine ain't so, nobody cares. Sorry, but that's what it looks like.

Bitter? No. Just a typical response, or, rather, non-response from my "team".

Hmpf! trp, you really think so? HA! I been out nearly 7 months now. You wanna know how many times a supe, center manager or anybody with a tie has called? Zip, nado, zilch, etc!

Oh, I know, if it'd been comp, it would be different story. We've had em calling every DAY, in the name of "Caring". Since mine ain't so, nobody cares. Sorry, but that's what it looks like.

Bitter? No. Just a typical response, or, rather, non-response from my "team".
Let me tell you, I am not surprised one bit.
I was injured on the job in Jan of this year, went through Doc appts, PT..yadda yadda and got calls from sups periodically even though I was working everyday TAW. We, the Docs and I, thought I was good to go, went back to work (even had a MMI rating), three weeks later exaserbated the injury. I've been out since, have not heared one word from them and I'm not getting any hours TAW nor TIBs from Lib Mut as they stopped when the MMI was done. That's how UPS here takes care of the employees. I can't even use the Union disability program because it was an on job injury.
Good thing for me, my wife has a good job.

satellitedriver

Great news that she is at home and healing.
Even better, she has kept a sense of humor.
On the darker side,
of corporate UPS.
I am on vacation and my cover driver stops by my house everyday.
He told me the PCM this morning was about how the driver called in and said she would be at work today.
The spin being that she was dedicated to UPS and all drivers should take her example.
Excuse me?
This happened in my district, less than 130 miles from my base center, and it is being perverted into a motivational speech about what is best for the company?
There is a definite reason that I only plan to survive my UPS tenure.
George Orwell said it well;(with my edits)
"All political(read as corporate UPS) thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People(read as corporate UPS) can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome."
Ole' Georgie got it right when he wrote 1984.
He just got the year wrong.

UPS Lady50

Hello everyone this is the Lady driver that was stabbed, and all is well. The story is I was delivering to an apt., Actually saw the man on the walk way. He was a good distance from me, saw no knife, turned to the apt., knocked, said UPS, she opened the door and he came from behind and got me in my upper back, felt like he punched me, went into the apt., so did he, lots of screaming, turned and asked him what the f__k you want, no comment, just a dead look in his eyes, knife in his left hand, about 6'3 to 6'5, big dude, I'm 5'8. Apt. door was still opened, ran back out the door him in tow, thats when he got me in my lower back, screaming for helping, ran around a man in the parking lot, screaming for help turned around and he was there again, I kept moving and then he got me in my upper right arm, then two guys hit him with the side of their car so I was able to get in my truck, closed the doors, honked the horn, the two guys in the car told me to go their apt., drove a couple buildings down , before I drove off the nut was still standing there looking at me with those dead eyes. Got into the 2nd apt. and those people helped me until the police showed up. All this seemed to take forever, which from the time it all started until the cops ended it with gunshots, about 10min. Very blessed..... Now, not going back to work next week, I don't know where that info came from, I'm still sore, still have stitches, and of course my kids and I will be going to counseling for victims of a crime. When I know my kids will be ok with all that has happened and I am physical and mentally ready for my job I will be there. Alot has gone on this week with UPS, LIberty, Police, Media, and of course all my great friends and wonderful customers things have not fully hit me yet. This could have happened to anyone, anywhere, anytime. Everyone be safe. If you have any questions Im happy to answer about the incident, what UPS is doing etc........:happy2:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Lady 50

First, welcome to BC. We have had you in our thoughts and prayers.

Thank God you are not going back this soon. The heat, sweat etc would not be good for wounds that are trying to heal. And one of those wounds will be helped by the counseling you and your children will be getting. It helps.

I for one, am tickled pink that you have survived this trauma as intact as you have. Your angels were working overtime.

IF there is anything we can do, let us know.

d, BC's grandpa

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Lady 50 Danny beat me to it. Welcome. Hope you find a new home with us. Sooooo glad that you are doing good. Stick around for awhile, you may find BC addicting like the rest of us do. :surprised: Need anything, just holler. Best Dilli

Hello everyone this is the Lady driver that was stabbed, and all is well. The story is I was delivering to an apt., Actually saw the man on the walk way. He was a good distance from me, saw no knife, turned to the apt., knocked, said UPS, she opened the door and he came from behind and got me in my upper back, felt like he punched me, went into the apt., so did he, lots of screaming, turned and asked him what the f__k you want, no comment, just a dead look in his eyes, knife in his left hand, about 6'3 to 6'5, big dude, I'm 5'8. Apt. door was still opened, ran back out the door him in tow, thats when he got me in my lower back, screaming for helping, ran around a man in the parking lot, screaming for help turned around and he was there again, I kept moving and then he got me in my upper right arm, then two guys hit him with the side of their car so I was able to get in my truck, closed the doors, honked the horn, the two guys in the car told me to go their apt., drove a couple buildings down , before I drove off the nut was still standing there looking at me with those dead eyes. Got into the 2nd apt. and those people helped me until the police showed up. All this seemed to take forever, which from the time it all started until the cops ended it with gunshots, about 10min. Very blessed..... Now, not going back to work next week, I don't know where that info came from, I'm still sore, still have stitches, and of course my kids and I will be going to counseling for victims of a crime. When I know my kids will be ok with all that has happened and I am physical and mentally ready for my job I will be there. Alot has gone on this week with UPS, LIberty, Police, Media, and of course all my great friends and wonderful customers things have not fully hit me yet. This could have happened to anyone, anywhere, anytime. Everyone be safe. If you have any questions Im happy to answer about the incident, what UPS is doing etc........:happy2:

Thank you so much for posting here. It's a shame that this kind of stuff happens to anyone, much less basically an innocent person who just happens to be in the right place at the wrong time (so to speak). I'm glad you were not more seriously injured. Godspeed in your recovery.
I sincerely hope that the company and Lib Mut is taking care of you.
Feel free to hang around our little community here and become a "citizen" of Brown Cafe.