UPS "Mind Control" Real

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Photog. Can u honestly say every route had a fair time study? Me and you both that's very far from the truth.

How is it fair driver a can bust his ass all day, come in 1.7hr over allow while driver b can slack all day and run under. Your metrics are flawed and to hold somebody accountable and consistently harass and intimidate them is not ok.
What if the drivers flip flop routes?

werenotthepostoffice

deep down inside I really do not care
Sweet, another conspiracy theorist!

Did you know we tap your phones too? We want to know what you're telling your mom about us.
So you know about that side business I run out of my package car? I mean cocaine and teenage prostitutes are going to be supplied by someone,may as well be by a trusted friend.

btw can't find anywhere in the handbook that specifies doing both is against the rules.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Here is another definition that is closer to what I meant (maybe Harvard too) - Paradigmatic thinking means the unity of beliefs that guide the planning and implementation of actions.

Think of it as UPS is a process driven company.
UPS develops models for evaluating an idea.
They then move forward on the best ROI initiatives or one that will move the corporation forward on an existing path or a new one.
They then develop plans, procedures and processes to facilitate that effort using models from previous efforts if applicable (best practices).
Then UPS implements whatever it takes to get the job done expecting people to adapt and put forth the effort or extra effort to get the job done. This is what District Operations personnel are exposed to and make happen.
Somebody should put a WINNER lucky charm on this post. This a great one!

10 point

Operations management (center manager and Division Manager) wants an accounting for all time not included in a driver's planned day on the day of the time study.
What the center manager does with it is up to him/her.

There we have it.... situational ethics. That action should be cookie cutter like.

The outcome depends upon what metric or catalyst?

Hate the (steward) driver. Like the (marshmallow) driver?

Too many CMs (or PDSs) with too much biased authority?

It precipitates damaging negativity in the workplace. Too often it becomes personal and mushrooms from there.