Ups not standing behind their own policy

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
a while back I seen an employee stealing and opening boxes at which time I notified my supervisor and lp They then put cameras around his area and caught him and was arrested But do you think I would receive the reward ..,,,, lol nope I was told no because this said person who was stealing did not steal enough for me to qualify for reward ..... I said yes because we caught him before he was able to . This place is just a big bullying deceptive company
IMG_1872.GIF

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
a while back I seen an employee stealing and opening boxes at which time I notified my supervisor and lp They then put cameras around his area and caught him and was arrested But do you think I would receive the reward ..,,,, lol nope I was told no because this said person who was stealing did not steal enough for me to qualify for reward ..... I said yes because we caught him before he was able to . This place is just a big bullying deceptive company
That's how the polixy goes.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

To the OP:

Ignore most if not all of the previous posts.

Did you call the "reward hotline"? This should have been your first priority, after alerting your management team, to ensure that your efforts would be properly rewarded. Yes, the amount of the reward is based on the amount of money saved, but $100 is usually the minimum.

You may have to settle for the fact that you did the right thing.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I have to disagree that reporting a THIEF is ratting anyone out.
Maybe, but I wonder what the OP would have done about the thief if there was no expectation of reward money for snitching. He sure does seem upset about not getting the money.

When you only report the thief because you think you'll collect a reward..... well, I'm not sure what else you'd call it.

But expecting a reward for doing the right thing is.
Had that conversation about the local tribe yesterday. Their morals change once they get paid. They were against a national chain store building a new store because the rain runoff might affect their river fishing. But once they were offered a few million over the next 10 years, they seemed to forget about that matter.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Here's the deal....a thief cannot be tolerated.

Any UPS employee or representative who becomes aware of a situation in which he or she believes our legal or ethical responsibilities are being violated, or feels pressured to violate the law or our ethical responsibilities, is required to notify the company of the concern.

--UPS CODE OF BUSINESS CONDUCT

Had that conversation about the local tribe yesterday. Their morals change once they get paid. They were against a national chain store building a new store because the rain runoff might affect their river fishing. But once they were offered a few million over the next 10 years, they seemed to forget about that matter.
Everyone had a price tag I guess.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Here's the deal....a thief cannot be tolerated.

Any UPS employee or representative who becomes aware of a situation in which he or she believes our legal or ethical responsibilities are being violated, or feels pressured to violate the law or our ethical responsibilities, is required to notify the company of the concern.

--UPS CODE OF BUSINESS CONDUCT
Here's the deal: No reward money, no being a snitch.