Ups pilots strike authorization

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
BS! The AVERAGE for a Captain is $232,000 and $191,000 for an FO.
Our jets fly only 1.4 times per day. (That's an average).
Big Blue, if you don't know what you're talking about then STFU!

Big Blue Driver

Yes we did, but we have also had far more feeder drivers die than pilots.

Any death is a tragedy, but you are far safer being a pilot than a feeder driver.
If something is happening to our package car or feeder we can pull over. pilots can't do that. Their job is far more dangerous than ours, let's not pretend it isn't.

Big Blue Driver

BS! The AVERAGE for a Captain is $232,000 and $191,000 for an FO.
Our jets fly only 1.4 times per day. (That's an average).
Big Blue, if you don't know what you're talking about then STFU!
I won't "STFU" because I DO know what I'm talking about. I think it's funny that some people on a forum that have ZERO knowledge of what the pilots make and what their schedule is try to make judgements based on what they think. and thanks for the uncalled for rudeness and profanity because you happen to disagree. Just proves that when you can't have an intellectual conversation about something because you are unmatched you'll downgrade to profanity. Well done!

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
I won't "STFU" because I DO know what I'm talking about. I think it's funny that some people on a forum that have ZERO knowledge of what the pilots make and what their schedule is try to make judgements based on what they think. and thanks for the uncalled for rudeness and profanity because you happen to disagree. Just proves that when you can't have an intellectual conversation about something because you are unmatched you'll downgrade to profanity. Well done!

Intellectual??? You don't know what you're talking about. Unmatched??? Hardy Har Har!!!
Listen, you may "know" some pilots, but you are clueless about their wages, benefits, etc.
I am not.
Now, grow up.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I won't "STFU" because I DO know what I'm talking about. I think it's funny that some people on a forum that have ZERO knowledge of what the pilots make and what their schedule is try to make judgements based on what they think. and thanks for the uncalled for rudeness and profanity because you happen to disagree. Just proves that when you can't have an intellectual conversation about something because you are unmatched you'll downgrade to profanity. Well done
Well,:censored3:! :biggrin:

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
If something is happening to our package car or feeder we can pull over. pilots can't do that. Their job is far more dangerous than ours, let's not pretend it isn't.

If a problem occurs with a feeder, sometimes you can not "just pull over."

Have you ever blown a steer tire doing 70 mph. Not much you can do except to be lucky.

Ever have a truck or 4-wheeler come over on you and put you into the grass in the median doing 70 mph. Not much you can do except be lucky.

There are far more truck accidents than plane accidents. There are far more feeder deaths than pilot deaths. Facts do not lie.

So yes, it is safer being a pilot than a feeder driver. Your odds of dying are greater in feeders. Facts do not lie.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I was talking about terrorism, hidden or undeclared ORMD's (Valujet) and did we not ground jets in Dubai ...or in that area... due to alleged explosives?
No a plane crashed due to a lithium battery run off. That's what started the anti lithium battery craze in cargo and passenger transport.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
So, you think it is safer to drive a package car or feeder than fly air cargo? Really?
Absolutely. Odds of dying in a car crash are 1 in 77. Odds of dying in a plane crash are 1 in 11 million. Haven't you heard the saying "The most dangerous part of flying is the drive to the airport?"

The reason plane crashes get so much attention is due to the scale of death. In reality plane accidents are incredibly rare. There is less than 1 crash per 1 MILLION departures. Driving doesn't even come close to that level.
kinda like a part time sup...lol oh wait there is no big money
FT sup now. TTKU

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
But yet it isn't more dangerous. A twin engine commercial airliner is designed to fly on one engine, should you lose one. Once you reach V1 on takeoff you can go into the sky and fly completely safe. I've done it in a sim. It isn't easy. But hardly dangerous.
I am a licensed pilot and have friends and people who have trained me flying jets in the US right now. He's right. You're the one who doesn't know what you're talking about. Cargo is the dream job of every airline pilot out there.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
But yet it isn't more dangerous. A twin engine commercial airliner is designed to fly on one engine, should you lose one. Once you reach V1 on takeoff you can go into the sky and fly completely safe. I've done it in a sim. It isn't easy. But hardly dangerous.

I am a licensed pilot and have friends and people who have trained me flying jets in the US right now. He's right. You're the one who doesn't know what you're talking about. Cargo is the dream job of every airline pilot out there.

Big Blue Driver has no clue.

He's posting on a subject he knows nothing about and his opinions contradict statistics and facts.

If something terrible goes wrong, pilots have less of an escape route. But this hardly ever happens.

There are redundant systems for redundant systems on a modern airplane.

Accidents do happen, but are rare.

Car and truck deaths happen everyday. Michigan is up to almost 800 traffic deaths this year. And that is just one state.

I cannot remember when the last plane crash was.

10 point

No a plane crashed due to a lithium battery run off. That's what started the anti lithium battery craze in cargo and passenger transport.
I know about the lithium battery issue AND the jet allegedly went down tail first killing our pilots because the load was unsecured and shifted to the tail on ascent. (Trying to find that link again.)

But the ink cartridge bombs on UPS and FedEx jets in Dubai (or that area) were about 4-5 years ago and televised.

Last edited:

10 point

I know about the lithium battery issue AND the jet allegedly went down tail first killing our pilots because the load was unsecured and shifted to the tail on ascent. (Trying to find that link again.)

But the ink cartridge bombs on UPS and FedEx jets in Dubai (or that area) were about 4-5 years ago and televised.
The lithium battery fiasco was first reported as a possible load shift. Then the true issue was discovered. If you Google this topic there's more of our jet crashes listed than we've heard about in the media.
None the less, the sudden stop is pretty dramatic.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra

Sure you're not confusing National with UPS? There was never any discussion of a load shift and the airplane did not go down tail first. The NTSB report is out there for your reading.

10 point

Sure you're not confusing National with UPS? There was never any discussion of a load shift and the airplane did not go down tail first. The NTSB report is out there for your reading.
There's still a report online that superseded the total investigation that pointed to the batteries. I read it yesterday.
It was speculation.
Read my second post.