UPS Releases 2Q Earnings

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I am not a global financial expert, just as you can’t fly a plane.

1627477148116.png

DiadesSuk

I’ll deliver bread for $39.02
lol not going to happen anywhere but UPS bud. You guys know you have a valuable opportunity here that any schmuck off the sidewalk would LOVE to have. You shouldnt plan to make this kind of spending money unless you go full time CDL. Is there any other logistic company that doesnt require a CDL paying $40 an hour and free family health benefits?

What'dyabringmetoday???

lol not going to happen anywhere but UPS bud. You guys know you have a valuable opportunity here that any schmuck off the sidewalk would LOVE to have. You shouldnt plan to make this kind of spending money unless you go full time CDL. Is there any other logistic company that doesnt require a CDL paying $40 an hour and free family health benefits?
Yup- they're lining right up. And turning right around and leaving. A lot more to it than just the money...

DiadesSuk

Maybe Carol should look at what made us great. Our building is starting to look like the circus. Tattoos, piercings, giant ear loops, Mohawks.Who would trust these people with their shipments. She is only hurting us. “Make UPS great again”
lol She did the same horrible :censored2: at Home Depot. Thats why you find some :censored2: trying to give you plumbing advice that's never even worked in the plumbing field lol.

DiadesSuk

Yup- they're lining right up. And turning right around and leaving. A lot more to it than just the money...
Ive stood in the circles listening to the PVD drivers and seasonal helpers. IF that kid riding shotgun knew you were making 6 figures doing what you do while he makes $12 an hour minus driving the truck, does the conversation change?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Maybe Carol should look at what made us great. Our building is starting to look like the circus. Tattoos, piercings, giant ear loops, Mohawks.Who would trust these people with their shipments. She is only hurting us. “Make UPS great again”
Apparently no one cares. Revenue more than ever.

No one cares what their delivery driver looks like. I hate to break it to you gramps but having a tattoo doesn’t magically make you a bad person. Thankfully most with common sense understand this.

DiadesSuk

Apparently no one cares. Revenue more than ever.

No one cares what their delivery driver looks like. I hate to break it to you gramps but having a tattoo doesn’t magically make you a bad person. Thankfully most with common sense understand this.
I think its the shock some companies take after seeing clean and professional drivers for 100+ years. You get used to seeing one representation of the company then the next day a guy with a mohawk shows up with gauged ears. Doesnt really matter because the package got delivered but you know some people like to stereotype the most pointless :censored2:.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
What does your PVD/Peak roster look like? Or do you guys go under staffed through most of the year?
I mean we find people but every year it gets harder. Very few part timers want anything to do with going FT anymore. That’s after 80% of pt quit in the first 2 weeks. Then a lot of PVD or seasonals can’t or don’t want to hack it after they do the real job for awhile.

DiadesSuk

I mean we find people but every year it gets harder. Very few part timers want anything to do with going FT anymore. That’s after 80% of pt quit in the first 2 weeks. Then a lot of PVD or seasonals can’t or don’t want to hack it after they do the real job for awhile.
thats a solid insight. In the southeast (not sure your region) it seems to be a slightly modified mindset. I keep hearing that the pvd's are harassing the :censored2: out of the sups daily to get called back into service but contracts are preventing the process form happening. I dont know the truth in any of that so its literally guys standing around a coffee pot talking :censored2:.