UPS Releases 2Q Earnings

Up In Smoke

thats a solid insight. In the southeast (not sure your region) it seems to be a slightly modified mindset. I keep hearing that the pvd's are harassing the * out of the sups daily to get called back into service but contracts are preventing the process form happening. I dont know the truth in any of that so its literally guys standing around a coffee pot talking *.
We've had 5 PVDs try to qualify this summer and not a one made it to day 10. The view they got during peak ( SPOHR of 6) lead them to believe they were valued by the company because they were eager to show up each day accomplish very little.

bdmiz

Great job on that conference call carol. You sure instilled alot of confidence in investors. lol.

UPS stock 190 and drilling into the center of the earth.

bdmiz

Let's drive down the stock price before the next contract negotiations.... then plead poverty.

"But we gave you tattoos, beards, and unlimited hair styles."

That should be worth something.

:biggrin:
If you listened to carol on the earnings conference call this doesn't seem far fetched at all.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I think its the shock some companies take after seeing clean and professional drivers for 100+ years. You get used to seeing one representation of the company then the next day a guy with a mohawk shows up with gauged ears. Doesnt really matter because the package got delivered but you know some people like to stereotype the most pointless *.

Company's don't make decisions like that anymore.

Especially.... when you look like them. Times always change.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
The two biggest losses on that chart were contract years is all I was pointing out. I am not a global financial expert, just as you can’t fly a plane. I’m also not an ignorant ass that buys his own handtruck and cowers to the company for forty alleged years of service.
Must not be much of a financial guru either if he can't afford to retire after 40 years.

542thruNthru

I'm going to disagree with you so don't get all butthurt ok.
lol not going to happen anywhere but UPS bud. You guys know you have a valuable opportunity here that any schmuck off the sidewalk would LOVE to have. You shouldnt plan to make this kind of spending money unless you go full time CDL. Is there any other logistic company that doesnt require a CDL paying $40 an hour and free family health benefits?
Tell them to apply. UPS is struggling to get people to want to drive across the country. You continuously over estimate the drive of a off the street hire.
Ive stood in the circles listening to the PVD drivers and seasonal helpers. IF that kid riding shotgun knew you were making 6 figures doing what you do while he makes $12 an hour minus driving the truck, does the conversation change?
Every helper and PVD that I've ever known knows what we make a year. The conversation would turn from what they can make to "Do your trucks have AC?" "You always have a helper right?" None of them know the real job.
What does your PVD/Peak roster look like? Or do you guys go under staffed through most of the year?
We had 30 PVDs during peak in my center. Most would quit after a week or so and then another would come in and repeat the process.
thats a solid insight. In the southeast (not sure your region) it seems to be a slightly modified mindset. I keep hearing that the pvd's are harassing the * out of the sups daily to get called back into service but contracts are preventing the process form happening. I dont know the truth in any of that so its literally guys standing around a coffee pot talking *.
Yes they are harassing sups that they want to keep delivering small packages out of their Civic. This is because they are babied for 3 months so that they do not leave. I personally listened to my center manager beg a PVD to do at least 70 stops and when the PVD said no and he thinks he's going to have to quit my center manager told him he can run whatever amount of stops he feels comfortable with.
We've had 5 PVDs try to qualify this summer and not a one made it to day 10. The view they got during peak ( SPOHR of 6) lead them to believe they were valued by the company because they were eager to show up each day accomplish very little.
Not only that but they are given hand picked areas as PVDs and when thrown on a route they quickly find out how much work this job actually is. Oh and when they find out that they have to deliver packages much heavier than 30lb they are shocked.

I'm going to disagree with you so don't get all butthurt ok.

Tell them to apply. UPS is struggling to get people to want to drive across the country. You continuously over estimate the drive of a off the street hire.

Every helper and PVD that I've ever known knows what we make a year. The conversation would turn from what they can make to "Do your trucks have AC?" "You always have a helper right?" None of them know the real job.

We had 30 PVDs during peak in my center. Most would quit after a week or so and then another would come in and repeat the process.

Yes they are harassing sups that they want to keep delivering small packages out of their Civic. This is because they are babied for 3 months so that they do not leave. I personally listened to my center manager beg a PVD to do at least 70 stops and when the PVD said no and he thinks he's going to have to quit my center manager told him he can run whatever amount of stops he feels comfortable with.

Not only that but they are given hand picked areas as PVDs and when thrown on a route they quickly find out how much work this job actually is. Oh and when they find out that they have to deliver packages much heavier than 30lb they are shocked.
tenor (2) (5).gif

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Ours are being sent out on the easiest routes in the center to qualify on also.