UPS sends 300 managers to Dallas as packages pile up

oldngray

nowhere special
I can't remember the last time I saw my center manager in browns. He just sat in his office spying on everyone with his computer.

rod

Retired 22 years
I'm in Dallas right now and I can tell you that UPS is getting nothing but bad press here on the news. The newscasters only interview idiot people who haven't got a clue about why this back log happened. All they know is that they haven't got their presents yet. And the UPS lady big wig they show on the news sounds like a broken record every time she opens her pie hole and cries about how they are doing everything they can to clear the mess up. It a real cluster friend... I tell you.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I thought they were trying to clear that mess up----not create more.
Maybe they will get another Ice storm and they will all be stuck, in Dallas...lol
Managers cleaning up packages? Sounds like an oxymoron to me!
Sounds more like a.........maroon trying to do a real job.

Maybe they should have sent the three of you down there----imagine that, the 3 Stooges go to Dallas.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Maybe they should send you to dallas, Mr. Knowitall. You could probably tell them all ,how to do their jobs.

No but I would have no problem rolling up my sleeves and doing what I could to get the packages delivered.

Dallas is not equipped to deal with an ice storm of that magnitude. Delays were inevitable. UPS is doing what it can to slowly bring things back to normal. Would you prefer they sit back and let local management deal with it on their own.

We had an ice storm in 1998. Devastated our area. They sent in management from Albany and Syracuse to help us get cleaned up. Took two days (after being forced to sit home for 1 due to a county wide travel ban) to get things back to normal, and this is in an area equipped to deal with severe winter weather. Dallas shuts down with just one inch of snow----can you possibly imagine the impact one inch of ice had on the region?

"Sounds more like a......maroon trying to do a real job". Sounds kind of stupid now that you read it, don't it?

oldngray

nowhere special
Only a feeder driver would be "large" enough to be Curly. Other than a center manager but that would require the center manager to actually work.

Pistolero

King Leonardis sent 300 Spartans to fight Xerxes at the hot gates of Thermopylae. Only one came back and he lost an eye. Is that what we are to expect out of the cold gates of Dallas?