UPS should reconsider Saturday ground delivery.

onehandsolo

Many freight companies are promising no weekends free Cdl training with pay and large signing bonuses for new hires. Have a driver in my center who will be leaving for one of those companies. Times do change but right now employees have more leverage than ever.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
I think after peak UPS should limit or end Saturday ground delivery. With the current labor shortage and contract negotiations around the corner they will have incentives to this. Most hourly and salary employees would rather be on a Monday thru Friday schedule. Many companies nationwide have already change hours of operation to allow employees more Personal time. It maybe the best move going forward in a competitive environment for attracting and keeping quality employees.
Ups has never attracted quality employees, especially inside pt hub rats 🐀

Before my time , when pt’ers made driver wage… back when @rod could still pitch a tent ⛺
That's a problem right now people think that a part-time job should support their living expenses. That's not what this job was designed to do. It was designed to give people on college above average wage only work a few hours a day so I could focus on their college courses

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
That's a problem right now people think that a part-time job should support their living expenses. That's not what this job was designed to do. It was designed to give people on college above average wage only work a few hours a day so I could focus on their college courses
We have pt people here making more than combo guys .. they work 6-7 hrs a day(ot after 5) plus Saturdays(1.5 pay) essentially creating a ft job for themselves.

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
What they are paying me isn't even beer money