UPS should reconsider Saturday ground delivery.

onehandsolo

I think after peak UPS should limit or end Saturday ground delivery. With the current labor shortage and contract negotiations around the corner they will have incentives to this. Most hourly and salary employees would rather be on a Monday thru Friday schedule. Many companies nationwide have already change hours of operation to allow employees more Personal time. It maybe the best move going forward in a competitive environment for attracting and keeping quality employees.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Yes yes...

End Saturday work.

Make Sunday the official Monday.

Line the world up with the actual calendar.

This is going to be a good thread.

I put @Future 's full weight behind this

Seymour Packages

Service is out the window. At this point, it is a race to the bottom. A money grab. I don't see another 20 years in this company's future. They will run Sunday ground soon at a loss just to keep up with Amazon.

I think after peak UPS should limit or end Saturday ground delivery. With the current labor shortage and contract negotiations around the corner they will have incentives to this. Most hourly and salary employees would rather be on a Monday thru Friday schedule. Many companies nationwide have already change hours of operation to allow employees more Personal time. It maybe the best move going forward in a competitive environment for attracting and keeping quality employees.
We are in a changing world right now . It's a time of instant gratification I want everything right now.
Do you want a Monday through Friday 9:00 to 5:00 job This is definitely the wrong place.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Lmao
What kinda drugs you on this morning onehand

Saturday is going nowhere get used to it

onehandsolo

The labor market has change. Employees have more options. We have drivers leaving with 10 to 20 years of service because many companies are paying signing bonuses and offering competitive wages. Leave Saturdays for air and critical healthcare packages. Remember when Fed ex dump Amazon. Turned out to be a great decision. Sometimes less is more. Let the company use Pvds during peak and do away with 22.4s and Saturday ground. Should be in the upcoming negotiations.

onehandsolo

I don’t work Saturdays and will be retiring soon. So it’s not a issue for me. I just think the company would be better served keeping there employees happy.

Staydryitsraining

No, what we need is a 4 day 10hr day schedule change from the outdated 8hr 5 days work schedule. Also while I'm talking about it let's also challenge the idea that when the 40 hr work week was alive and well one parent was staying home and you could still afford to live. Now with 2 people working 40 plus a week and raising kids there is zero time to do much of anything.

From a Land Brown Under

Having Saturdays off would be great for letting me have more time with your mom for sure. It would certainly be moving me more into her for ground delivery, how about that pal?

That is why you are a 22.4!!

This sounds like a sup/on-road post..

onehandsolo

We are in a changing world right now . It's a time of instant gratification I want everything right now.
Do you want a Monday through Friday 9:00 to 5:00 job This is definitely the wrong place.
Agree with what your saying. The thing is finding and keeping quality employees in this environment is difficult. Doing away with Saturday ground seems like low hanging fruit.

Agree with what your saying. The thing is finding and keeping quality employees in this environment is difficult. Doing away with Saturday ground seems like low hanging fruit.
UPS has to keep up with the times or they will be out of business.
Some of the guys actually like working Tuesday through Saturday because they have Mondays off and they can get things done they couldn't normally get done on a weekend