UPS SOCKS

The success or failure of UPS as a company does not hinge upon whether or not employees pay full freight charges for a bag of socks.

My wife and I use UPS frequently for Amazon.com and other online shopping that we do, and for those purposes I am and should be just another paying customer.

Since the socks are a required uniform item, we should be able to have them shipped via UPS "house mail" to our home center just like any other uniform or UPS supplies.
Our uniforms are not shipped house mail, they have the same shipping labels with 1Z bar codes as all our other volume.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Our uniforms are not shipped house mail, they have the same shipping labels with 1Z bar codes as all our other volume.

Correct, but they dont have to be loaded on car for delivery like a normal package. At my building, they all get put in a pile in the mail room. Our socks shouldnt be any different from other uniform items, replacement DIADS, or other UPS internal supplies.

Correct, but they dont have to be loaded on car for delivery like a normal package. At my building, they all get put in a pile in the mail room. Our socks shouldnt be any different from other uniform items, replacement DIADS, or other UPS internal supplies.
Oh, I see what you meant. I agree and they should be paid for by the company. or did you say that too????

The success or failure of UPS as a company does not hinge upon whether or not employees pay full freight charges for a bag of socks.

My wife and I use UPS frequently for Amazon.com and other online shopping that we do, and for those purposes I am and should be just another paying customer.

Since the socks are a required uniform item, we should be able to have them shipped via UPS "house mail" to our home center just like any other uniform or UPS supplies.

Relax, I was just trying to make a little joke out of the situation. I think they should be paid for also. Of course, when that happens you will be paying more for the socks.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Oh, I see what you meant. I agree and they should be paid for by the company. or did you say that too????

Since the socks are technically optional (you dont have to wear them if you wear pants instead of shorts) I dont mind paying for mine...I just dont think I should also have to pay full price to have them shipped. Shipping should be free if we have them sent to our center.

ups1990

With UPS shorts it seems you have to order then one size larger. My waist size is a 34 but order a 36. Why do some guys order shorts a size too small? One driver in our center looks like Richard Simmons . Another one like John Stockton of the Jazz.

Since the socks are technically optional (you dont have to wear them if you wear pants instead of shorts) I dont mind paying for mine...I just dont think I should also have to pay full price to have them shipped. Shipping should be free if we have them sent to our center.
IMO, if they are ever mandatory to wear, the company should pay for them. As Over pointed out, the shorts are optional also. I also think we should get a shoe allowance, the stipulations UPS puts on the footwear kind of make certain types mandatory.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
With UPS shorts it seems you have to order then one size larger. My waist size is a 34 but order a 36. Why do some guys order shorts a size too small? One driver in our center looks like Richard Simmons . Another one like John Stockton of the Jazz.

IMO, if they are ever mandatory to wear, the company should pay for them. As Over pointed out, the shorts are optional also. I also think we should get a shoe allowance, the stipulations UPS puts on the footwear kind of make certain types mandatory.
This is also a, "flavor of the month".:dissapointed:

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Please Don't honk at bicycles as you pass them in the road. Give 3' of space as you pass !!!!!!! I will honk if she's a lookah!!