UPS Special Pension Buyout Offer - December 2016

Shecoope

To everybody can we please stop with the negative comments what we do with our money is our business we made the decision that best fit our circumstances we don’t need any negative energy maybe for some the lump sum was worth it or others roll it over I know for me $24,000 was much better than waiting 34 years for $717/month but anyway if you guys start seeing deposits or rollover checks this week please share and post

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
To everybody can we please stop with the negative comments what we do with our money is our business we made the decision that best fit our circumstances we don’t need any negative energy maybe for some the lump sum was worth it or others roll it over I know for me $24,000 was much better than waiting 34 years for $717/month but anyway if you guys start seeing deposits or rollover checks this week please share and post

will do

wil kemp

EXCELLENT POINT!

Tinka16

Did you find anything out yet today?

ronjohn

Winston
Since this is basically anonymous, I have no problem posting my anticipated numbers here.

I was disabled after 5 years and am due for $225/month plus or minus in 17 years. I was a PT unloader. I went on the pension plan website here someone provided and must have gotten the tables wrong, because from my calculations, my payout would be north of 30K.
If that's right, I'd be ecstatic. But if anyone can help me reasonably figure this out, I'd appreciate it.
I have been disabled for 9 years am 62. my buyout is 60000. or an annuity of 341 a month today. 402 if I am 65. 60000 now? at 341 a month it will take 12 years to reach my after tax payout basically the same at 65. since I am above 59, there is no additional 10% penalty. My take home buyout 47000. I will get a refund from IRS of 5-6000 approx. 53000 after all is said and done. No brainer for me. I still get SSD every month. Everyone's circumstances are different. hope you figured everything out. I worked UPS part time for 11 years. Its a good deal for me.

Shecoope

I have been disabled for 9 years am 62. my buyout is 60000. or an annuity of 341 a month today. 402 if I am 65. 60000 now? at 341 a month it will take 12 years to reach my after tax payout basically the same at 65. since I am above 59, there is no additional 10% penalty. My take home buyout 47000. I will get a refund from IRS of 5-6000 approx. 53000 after all is said and done. No brainer for me. I still get SSD every month. Everyone's circumstances are different. hope you figured everything out. I worked UPS part time for 11 years. Its a good deal for me.
So your taking the buyout too

Noop

EXACTLY !! The know it all's think it's one size fits all and want to show how they "know" how to manage money. It's everyone's prerogative how they use their money.

Shecoope

Didn’t get payment confirmation letter today called the pension hotline one rep said last week expect it in the upcoming week another rep said expect it after the disbursement smh ups is still the same can’t get their information straight but the 23rd one week away glad I still work

ronjohn

Winston
It has always been my understanding that early withdrawal of any retirement funds would be subject to a 20% Federal tax withholding and a 10% early withdrawal penalty.
59 and one half nothing to do an IRS rule, it's a penalty not tax, remember they give you a tax break when you contribute to an IRA, 401 etc. who's your accountant? bozo the clown

ronjohn

Winston
Please post when UPS special pension payment offer "payments" are actually received. Waiting on my rollover. I spoke to one person she said payments will go out from the 15th to the 31st. Wonder why they don't just start paying us? What are they waiting for?
lots to sort follow rules you'll get before the new year they want to disburse the 2019 tax liability