Ups stock covered call January 19, 2024 strike price 210. $9 ask

DMW

Be sure you understand the leverage. Do you have A shares or B shares?
Read the lawsuit on Merrill Lynch and covered calls (UPS Employee)
There's a couple red flags about this thread. First, a 15yr pt employee owns 1800 shares. Second, you must hold the shares for 5 years before converting them to A shares. Third, I don't believe Computershare has an options platform, therefore the shares would have to be converted and moved to a brokerage account. Lastly, if the shares weren't moved and this trade is proposed on margins, the rewards don't outweigh the risk. I believe this was just a fictitious question in search of conversation.
Yes, I wouldn’t make that move. To long and to much risk .

DMW

You Could forced to sell . If it goes up you’re going to make a good profit without a call. The only thing to remember is we have a contract negotiation this year. We will loose some volume and the agreement cost us more. It will be hard to beat eps.

Jetboat1

Ok what's the difference between a and b shares? I believe a shares were issued to the employees when the company went public. B shares ever since. I started in 2007 or 2006 the cheap ass paper wall hanger says 10 years of service in 2015 so maybe 2005?

Ok what's the difference between a and b shares? I believe a shares were issued to the employees when the company went public. B shares ever since. I started in 2007 or 2006 the cheap ass paper wall hanger says 10 years of service in 2015 so maybe 2005?
A share have 10 times the voting rights
Other than that everything else is the same

Jetboat1

Moving shares from compushare to Charles Schwab is proving to be more difficult than anticipated. Requests for transfer have been largely ignored and answered with name change forms. If I can transfer the shares. I believe I can sell covered calls strike price 220 Jan 17 2025 for 12.30. Netting me 12.30 x 1800 = 22,140 for the risk of holding the shares till Jan 17 2025. Keep in mind I am depending on UPS for my pension and healthcare. Lighting up on UPS exposure is a goal of mine. Selling the shares now is an option but I like the dividend and selling at 220 sounds good to me as to the current price of 181.51.

Up In Smoke

Moving shares from compushare to Charles Schwab is proving to be more difficult than anticipated. Requests for transfer have been largely ignored and answered with name change forms. If I can transfer the shares. I believe I can sell covered calls strike price 220 Jan 17 2025 for 12.30. Netting me 12.30 x 1800 = 22,140 for the risk of holding the shares till Jan 17 2025. Keep in mind I am depending on UPS for my pension and healthcare. Lighting up on UPS exposure is a goal of mine. Selling the shares now is an option but I like the dividend and selling at 220 sounds good to me as to the current price of 181.51.
I believe you must convert your A's to B's in order to sell. This can take 6ish weeks to complete. I also believe shares have to be held a minimum of 5 years before they can be converted. If I am correct, you will have to cash out, take hit for capital gains, open a brokerage account, deposit the proceeds, purchase the underlying asset and finally sell the covered calls.

Jetboat1

I believe you must convert your A's to B's in order to sell. This can take 6ish weeks to complete. I also believe shares have to be held a minimum of 5 years before they can be converted. If I am correct, you will have to cash out, take hit for capital gains, open a brokerage account, deposit the proceeds, purchase the underlying asset and finally sell the covered calls.
More complications to deal with I believe and this is just a belief that I have b shares. So trying to transfer them to my brokerage account should happen without capital gain taxes. I sold 100 shares from my compushare account at the start of the pandemic without a share reclassification. By the way at 100 a share ouch to now! So I think this the transfer can happen.