UPS store pickup

Up In Smoke

Calling Bull on this one.
This situation was building for a few weeks. When the corporate complaint came in, the owner had enclosed pictures, videos and statements to the fact that the driver used profanity, threw and kicked packages. The driver was discharged, we grieved and the case was deadlocked at a ten day local level hearing. Three weeks later (2 days before the state panel) the Labor Relations Manager contacted us with a settlement proposal. An additional 2 weeks suspension without pay to avoid the state panel hearing and the driver took it. The driver was out a total of 31 punches.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
This situation was building for a few weeks. When the corporate complaint came in, the owner had enclosed pictures, videos and statements to the fact that the driver used profanity, threw and kicked packages. The driver was discharged, we grieved and the case was deadlocked at a ten day local level hearing. Three weeks later (2 days before the state panel) the Labor Relations Manager contacted us with a settlement proposal. An additional 2 weeks suspension without pay to avoid the state panel hearing and the driver took it. The driver was out a total of 31 punches.
Is the driver back to that pickup?

Dr.Brownz

We've had drivers terminated for being unprofessional at DOT examination. It doesn't surprise me one bit if a driver was acting unprofessional in a UPS store around customers that he'd be terminated and have to go to panel for his job back.

When you wear the uniform you need to be careful about what you say or do.
How? The guy giving the DOT physical doesn't work for UPS....

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
this is all funny to me. UPS store here is a pretty fun little pickup. they normally send out 300 packages but I stack them every day like I need to pickup 1000 and barely fill two shelves. work is work. I used to load 500 for the post office on preload and also cover some crazy industrial routes think coffee beans and automotive parts all day long. Cake in comparison.

FlyLikeAnEagle

If it's 69 LBS or less, put it in the truck. If it's over 70 LBS, it must have an over 70 LB label on it, put it in the truck. If you so much as break a fingernail, the account holder is libel. Billing will take care of the rest, with "lasers" :rolleyes:

vvv

What do you do when a package label says 1lb but that bitch is like 40-50lbs and the staff at the store think they own you and think they’re your boss?
I know there's quite the number of shippers out there cheating on putting accurate weights on packages, and I always found it irritating myself.....not to mention very unsafe.
But I will shed some light on part of the issue for you in that it's UPS's fault and not the shippers in many situations.

I'm a driver myself and also have a side business otherwise I would have still been clueless.

UPS offers shippers a 5 tier pricing structure plan called "SIMPLE RATE". And there are 5 different sized boxes you can ship from XS to XL.
XS ....up to 100" (combined) S .....up to 250" M ....up to 650" L ....up to 1,050" XL ....up to 1,728"

No matter what size you use of these 5, so long as the weight is 50LBs or less it qualifies for Simple Rate.

What I explain next is where the problem is. When I print my labels the smallest box up to a combined 100" ALWAYS just prints as 1LB even if I have 20LBs in there.
And say when I need the bigger boxes that are L or XL even if I put 40-50LBs of product in there those labels only show up as 8 &13Lbs respectively when I print them out.

Sorry to be so long winded, but long story short......you can thank some higher up idiot management type figure for screwing up yet another aspect of the job AND putting your health and safety at risk!!!!!
I highly doubt after many read this they'll be none to surprised at the companies carelessness on something that I would have to imagine is a simple fix.