UPS/Teamster pension?

Steward773

I'm looking for some info from any fulltimers that are in a UPS/Teamster pension plan? I just wanted to know the overall performance of the plan (increase/decrease of reductions, funding level, etc.). I think it would be good to know since I have to vote on cs. Thanks!:confused:1

Last edited:

177member

I am in the jointly controlled plan that covers Local 177. Our plan has been as low as 51 percent funded recently. We are currently under attack from UPS for the same drastic cuts that they got from Local 804. That is; a 35% cut in accruals and raising the retirement age to 62. An arbitrator’s decision has been sealed pending the outcome of the vote on the current contract proposal. Both the UPS and Teamster trustees are responsible for the problems in our pension. I fear that our local is looking to hide or minimize their blame by agreeing to any contract, quick and dirty, that props our pension back up to previous levels. Even if this contract is ratified, we will not have gotten any increase since the previous contract and we could still get cuts.

local804

177 are you from Jersey?
The vote to cut your pension did not wind up in UPS`s favor, that is why they chose to go through an arbitrator.

1timepu

I am in the jointly controlled plan that covers Local 177. Our plan has been as low as 51 percent funded recently. We are currently under attack from UPS for the same drastic cuts that they got from Local 804. That is; a 35% cut in accruals and raising the retirement age to 62. An arbitrator’s decision has been sealed pending the outcome of the vote on the current contract proposal. Both the UPS and Teamster trustees are responsible for the problems in our pension. I fear that our local is looking to hide or minimize their blame by agreeing to any contract, quick and dirty, that props our pension back up to previous levels. Even if this contract is ratified, we will not have gotten any increase since the previous contract and we could still get cuts.

I am a member from 177, if the Contract pass's our Pension will be funded up to %80 there by satisfying the requirements under the new pension rules which take effect Jan 1st, there would be no increase in the pension, but there would be no cuts to. Take into account that %99.9 of working America doesnt get a pension, we should fell lucky. You are correct in saying that the Teamsters and UPS are both to blame here since it is administered by both of them. So instead of looking for an increase be happy that it didnt get cut, you wont get your pension raised but what about us who arent ready to retire for another 10 15 years. Take into account from the last contract and this one, we wont see an increase for 12 years! And who is to say there wont be cuts in the future? But if the contact gets voted down then the Arbitrator comes back into play, and I dont think we want to see that wildcard!

sawdusttv

1Time,
We should feel lucky my big fat rear end!!!!! You knuckleheads amaze me. 99.9% of working America doesn't work for a company that makes multi-BILLION dollar profits either!!!!!

local804

I am a member from 177, if the Contract pass's our Pension will be funded up to %80 there by satisfying the requirements under the new pension rules which take effect Jan 1st, there would be no increase in the pension, but there would be no cuts to. Take into account that %99.9 of working America doesnt get a pension, we should fell lucky.QUOTE]

99.9% of working America does not get pensions?
You must be from Jersey, my question from the previous post was just answered.

S

STRIKE-EM

VOTE NO!!!!!! A 30 cent raise every 6 months sucks.

We had a successful strike in 97, lets do it again!!!

1timepu

1Time,
We should feel lucky my big fat rear end!!!!! You knuckleheads amaze me. 99.9% of working America doesn't work for a company that makes multi-BILLION dollar profits either!!!!!

And oh yeah my Brother his wife my other brother and his wife and my other brother and his wife ...guess what, they dont get a pension and they pay for their healthcare!!!!Dont insult me please when I speak FACTS, be LUCKY we still have a pension PERIOD, everybody is so greedy, and yes there are people who work for companies that make multi billion dollar profits, and dont get a pension and pay for healthcare. How bout going after the Goverment!!! Take a look at your paycheck next time and who exactly is ripping you off!! So go ahead vote NO and watch your pension and mine get cut!!!!

sawdusttv

You are insulting yourselve and all you UPS brothers and sister by insisting that we don't deserve what we get for performing this back breaking, body crippling work day in and day out for a company that is making billions off of our hard work. You must be a management want -to-be!
Oh ya, as far as the government is concerned, I read the book and am 100% behind the Fairtax!

Cole

And oh yeah my Brother his wife my other brother and his wife and my other brother and his wife ...guess what, they dont get a pension and they pay for their healthcare!!!!Dont insult me please when I speak FACTS, be LUCKY we still have a pension PERIOD, everybody is so greedy, and yes there are people who work for companies that make multi billion dollar profits, and dont get a pension and pay for healthcare.

Do they work under a union contract? Particularly one where many top officers have 2, 3, 4 pensions, that make our like like nothing?

J

just dropping in

does it seem to anyone else like all the people voting no flock to the bulletin boards to whine about everything they didn't get while all the people voting yes actually talk to each other about it?

N

No Brown Blood

You are insulting yourselve and all you UPS brothers and sister by insisting that we don't deserve what we get for performing this back breaking, body crippling work day in and day out for a company that is making billions off of our hard work. You must be a management want -to-be!
Oh ya, as far as the government is concerned, I read the book and am 100% behind the Fairtax!

There is a door in every one of our facilites. You are free to leave this back breaking job anytime you like!!!

doolittle95

does it seem to anyone else like all the people voting no flock to the bulletin boards to whine about everything they didn't get while all the people voting yes actually talk to each other about it?

Good point. Today is the most time i've ever spent on this site and i'm getting very surly. Will say that i have initiated every converstation ive had at my center about this contract. every person i asked about it including two stewards said they hadn't read the contract yet. i had to explain it to them all.

I convinced everyone to vote NO-with the exception of the stewards who r similar to sheep, only less intelligent.

177member

177 are you from Jersey?
The vote to cut your pension did not wind up in UPS`s favor, that is why they chose to go through an arbitrator.

Sorry 804, but I don't understand your post. UPS' three trustees voted for the cuts and the three Teamster trustees voted against. In reply, the Teamster trustees proposed contribution increases by UPS and again there was another stalemate. So it went to an arbitrator whose decision is currently sealed. Our Local is using this information to try to scare the members into voting YES for this contract. We have both sides working against us.