UPS, Teamsters considering joint pension plan

LKLND3380

Your AE is now your on car supervisor?
I have heard a few LP guys going into oncar but never seen a AE do it. Pretty soon we will have the snack machine vendors controlling the PAS system. Is it possible? anything is possible at UPS.
What can brown do for you?

You may be joking but I think the snack machine vendors controlling the PAS system is a brilliant idea. It can't get any worse...

spun

Why run yourself ragged? It's not your problem. Have your management team fix it. Work as directed and forget about it.

BROWNDAWG

You guy's have this problem now with all these defunct trucking companies. Just to name a couple: Preston:Consolidated Freight: St' Johnsbury Red Star Express: who do you think is paying there pension? You guy's are that's who, they are taking out of the big pot every month and none of these companies are around anymore to replenish it. Parcel has been around 100 year's there is no guarantee they will be on top forever but the are no guarantee's in life either. I'm in the IAM we have a single contribution pension. If Penskie or New England Motor Freight go out of business it won't drain our pension. It's really not a bad idea, especially if your in the central state's pension fund they should be praying for it:thumbup1:
FORTUNATELY, UNLIKE THE IAM-THE TEAMSTERS DONT SELL OUT MEMBERS:thumbup1::thumbup1: AS USUAL THE IAM IS MIA! THATS JUST THE BEAUTY OF IT PENSION PROTECTION. CENTRAL STATES WAS THE ONLY MULTI-EMPLOYER PENSION PLAN THAT WAS NOT BAILED OUT BY THE FEDERAL GOVT AND IS NOT OPERATING IN THE RED. MOST OF THOSE RETIREES WE BITCH ABOUT HAVE PAVED THE WAY AND LAID THE GROUND WORK FOR ALL OF US SO THEY ARE ENTITLED TO RECIEVE NO MATTER IF THERE COMPANIES NO LONGER EXIST. WHAT IF UPS GOES BELLY-UP AND WE ARE IN A SINGLE EMPLOYER PENSION PLAN???? WE GET NOTHING.... THATS WHY UPS SHOULD KEEP ITS HANDS OFF OUR PROTECTED PENSION.

dragracer66

FORTUNATELY, UNLIKE THE IAM-THE TEAMSTERS DONT SELL OUT MEMBERS:thumbup1::thumbup1: AS USUAL THE IAM IS MIA! THATS JUST THE BEAUTY OF IT PENSION PROTECTION. CENTRAL STATES WAS THE ONLY MULTI-EMPLOYER PENSION PLAN THAT WAS NOT BAILED OUT BY THE FEDERAL GOVT AND IS NOT OPERATING IN THE RED. MOST OF THOSE RETIREES WE BITCH ABOUT HAVE PAVED THE WAY AND LAID THE GROUND WORK FOR ALL OF US SO THEY ARE ENTITLED TO RECIEVE NO MATTER IF THERE COMPANIES NO LONGER EXIST. WHAT IF UPS GOES BELLY-UP AND WE ARE IN A SINGLE EMPLOYER PENSION PLAN???? WE GET NOTHING.... THATS WHY UPS SHOULD KEEP ITS HANDS OFF OUR PROTECTED PENSION.
When has the IAM ever bailed out on anything? When you guy's were on strike we honored it, explain what you mean. Who's to say the teamsters won't go bankrupt at 39% vested it doesn't look very strong. I think you just come on here to piss people off!!! If that's the case you need to be deleted from this website. Look at your reputation. You must be one of these keyboard tough guy's. Get a life loser!!!!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Your AE is now your on car supervisor?
I have heard a few LP guys going into oncar but never seen a AE do it. Pretty soon we will have the snack machine vendors controlling the PAS system. Is it possible? anything is possible at UPS.
What can brown do for you?

Yes its such a beautiful thing.
I recently got an account for 200 boxes on Thursdays, heavy 60 pds each avg. The AE told them we could be there at 4pm. We get the semi there between 2 and 5 and they cloose at 430. What a window. The last time they had to wait for him til 5pm, he just totally forgot. The time before the former AE called and said, my driver has been waiting 5 minutes, he has to go. There was a 53 ft trailer who had waited and then came back, and was almost done.
IGOT THIS ACCOUNT, THIS IS A VERY DEPRESSED AREA. I GOT MY MONEY OUT OF IT. Now they plan on talking to other carriers coz they do not like the way UPS treated them. So now what? what a waste. What a way to run a railroad. :gunsmilie :gunsmilie