UPS Teamsters pension web site?

schmedley

I'm a driver with 30 years who is now covered under the new UPS Teamster jointly administered plan(formerly covered under Central States). Trouble is no one in my building seems to know anything about where to get info about an individual's credits, etc. My boss offered the more senior drivers a form which had to be sent off somewhere and then wait who knows how long for a response. Trouble is then your boss thinks you want to retire and you are worth a little less to him. The Central States Pension Fund had a nice web site that would tell you exactly how much credit you had and your benefit levels. The new plan should have a web site by now if they are planning to have one. Has anyone seen it?

raceanoncr

should get you started and not have to wait or let anybody know you're thinking of it.

You can get estimate of amount of credits you have and what you could get given you hand them a few dates you're thinking about

Cezanne

Any answers to questions about any retirement plan should be in their prespective SPD (Summary Plan Description). By federal law the plan adminstrators would have to provide one to you apond request. I believe there is a 1-800 number for this newly created UPS/IBT pension plan, better yet send a certified letter when you are ready for retirement. From my limited understanding they have to provide details about your retirement benefits within a 30 day timetable. Anytime after that could be subject to suit in federal court per ERISA law regulations to the amount of 100 or l25 dollars a day. :happy2:

schmedley

This is all I've found so far(from my local's website). I suspect that if our contract doesn't require a website then there won't be one.

UPS/IBT PENSION

UPS participants that previously participated in the Central States Pension Fund should contact the UPS/IBT Plan for all pension information including benefit estimates and pension applications. The UPS/IBT Plan can be contacted by telephone at 1-800-643-4442,and by mail at the following address:
UPS/IBT Full-Time Employee Pension Plan
55 Glenlake Parkway NE Atlanta, Georgia 30328

amclain

I'm a driver with 30 years who is now covered under the new UPS Teamster jointly administered plan(formerly covered under Central States). Trouble is no one in my building seems to know anything about where to get info about an individual's credits, etc. My boss offered the more senior drivers a form which had to be sent off somewhere and then wait who knows how long for a response. Trouble is then your boss thinks you want to retire and you are worth a little less to him. The Central States Pension Fund had a nice web site that would tell you exactly how much credit you had and your benefit levels. The new plan should have a web site by now if they are planning to have one. Has anyone seen it?
Those Bookets that were mailed to all full-time employee prior to the new contract in 2007, and in those bookets one can locate the plan that applies to that employee based on his/her years of full-time service.

Cezanne

How about information about your vested part-time years under the company plan and how is it credited to your current full time years in order to be eligible for a full pension as promised?

Getting alot of misinformation on that.....:angry-very2:

JonFrum

Schmedley, this webpage is a long list of articles by TDU on Pensions. Scroll through the list to read articles on Central States and the new UPS/Teamster plan. Might be helpful.

purplesky

How about information about your vested part-time years under the company plan and how is it credited to your current full time years in order to be eligible for a full pension as promised?

Getting alot of misinformation on that.....:angry-very2:

Thats because its just a myth. UPS wont even give you a dollar estimate on part time years unless your ready to retire. I wish the union would just come out already and kill this stupid part time years=full time years fantasy. If its true than somebody prove it.

purplesky

This really bothers me that the Teamsters cannot get a central website up and running that would allow each member to login and see all their info regarding pension status and issues. We are giving them millions each year to run the plan so why not teleport to 2010 and put up a website to help your members. :angry:

JonFrum

Thats because its just a myth. UPS wont even give you a dollar estimate on part time years unless your ready to retire. I wish the union would just come out already and kill this stupid part time years=full time years fantasy. If its true than somebody prove it.
"Q: Can you count your part-time years toward early retirement?
A: Your part-time years can be counted in order to qualify for a 25 or 30 year early retirement, but will not count toward your benefit amount. For example, a Teamster with 25 full-time years and five part-time years qualifies for 30-and-out, but will get $2625 instead of $3,000 per month because the part-time pension pays very low benefits. (This is the same rule as previously, under Central States.) If you qualify for a part-time pension and a full-time pension, you will receive two checks, and three checks after you reach age 65."

purplesky

"Q: Can you count your part-time years toward early retirement?
A: Your part-time years can be counted in order to qualify for a 25 or 30 year early retirement, but will not count toward your benefit amount. For example, a Teamster with 25 full-time years and five part-time years qualifies for 30-and-out, but will get $2625 instead of $3,000 per month because the part-time pension pays very low benefits. (This is the same rule as previously, under Central States.) If you qualify for a part-time pension and a full-time pension, you will receive two checks, and three checks after you reach age 65."

Alot of people think that 2 part time years = 1 full time year and will apply to your full time years benefit amount and that is what I am talking about.

Sandydog

Anyone have a web address for the New Jersey pension plan or a download of a pension plan manual or description booklet? Thanks