UPS Teleconfrence Sunday

Yup

e65.gif

DOK

I agree and i would also add the stakes have never been higher for the company. The 22.4 driver is a key part of the future initiatives UPS has instore for our futures and are currently rolling out. They have committed to wall street investors
To be fair they use pt drivers across the country at 18.00 an hour with no pensions and such.... there are just a lot of things in the contract that need addressed...

Our part time drivers, 12, are full rate, they make what a regular drivers makes. Must be a supplement thing.

Milly

I am confident that UPS will clarify many of the issues that the union has been unwilling to or unable to answer thus far.

It is of the utmost importance that ups and the union are being forthright and not misleading in their explanation of the new contract.

The following should all be explained in detail.

If addressing overtime is such a Paramount issue, why isn't the overtime being offered on a voluntary basis? Why aren't the 22.4 eligible for the 9.5 list? The 22.4s deserve to be afforded quality time with their families as well. And the vast majority of package car drivers do not mind over time.

Why do 224s have a right to 40 hours guaranteed while full-time package car drivers only have a right to 40 hours if work is available?

Does a RPCD who is laid off or who has not reached their 40 hours have the right to bump a 22.4 from Saturday and Sunday work?

In my Center all of the full-time package car drivers are Monday through Friday drivers. Does that mean that all 60 drivers positions are protected?

Can UPS please post, address at PCMS, and via DIAD messages after August 1st but before the contract vote what the actual number of protected drivers will be per Center and what the maximum # is for 25% of 22.4 drivers will be per center?

It should be clarified to the part-timers that if they sign up for one of the new full-time jobs they will not be allowed any excessive overtime protection for the first 5 years. And that they will be subject to mandatory overtime have up to 60 or possibly 70 hours per week. Most part-timers have no clue on what they are signing up for in this needs to be explained to them.

I am sure there are many other questions that can be easily answered on this conference call. I did not see anywhere where I could address these questions on the UPSers. Com website.
If you think the company is going to give you insight then I have some swamp land I'd like to sell you.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
We've thought of moving farther out to have room for animals like this as well. We have a pretty old farmhouse down the road with a bunch of miniature donkeys, horses and cows. Looks ilke a cool hobby if you like animals.

The other benefit would be room for the kids to have motorcycles and ATV's. The downside is leaving the lake.
that to me is a lifestyle and not a hobby, but I guess that could be one in the same too.

The Real Jack RyanMI6

This is going to be interesting, my bet is more misdirection. They have been on the mainstream media for months with what we make. Then with the release of the contract what feeders make what 22.4s will make and what we will make at the end of the contract. Then UPSers with what our economic impact will be. The pattern $$$.

This is going to be interesting, my bet is more misdirection. They have been on the mainstream media for months with what we make. Then with the release of the contract what feeders make what 22.4s will make and what we will make at the end of the contract. Then UPSers with what our economic impact will be. The pattern $$$.

I'm sure UPS hasn't forgotten the public support the employees had in '97, they're posturing. They want the public to know that if we strike, we're striking against a contract that pays $100k/yr for "a job anyone can do." They're getting ahead of it, making sure the public knows how selfish we are, making our real concerns like PTers and "as long as work is available" language become crutches to justify our rejection of a $100k salary...friend@%&ers

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I'm sure UPS hasn't forgotten the public support the employees had in '97, they're posturing. They want the public to know that if we strike, we're striking against a contract that pays $100k/yr for "a job anyone can do." They're getting ahead of it, making sure the public knows how selfish we are, making our real concerns like PTers and "as long as work is available" language become crutches to justify our rejection of a $100k salary...friend@%&ers
This call isn’t for the general public though...

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Less than two thirds of UPS union employees qualify for those statistics....and I doubt that one in a hundred that are employed by UPS ever achieve a full time top scale position.

This is the counter-argument that we need to scream from every rooftop if it comes to it.

browned out

For some reason I can post a comment on every signle article on UPSers.com except for the HOW WILL THIS CONTRACT IMPACT YOU.

No comments allowed? Say it aint so.

Quote from UPSers.com Take these opportunities to learn more about how we are working together to face a changing world and a competitive landscape unlike anything we have faced before.

Oh yeah; we are on the verge of being obsolete. We will all be out of job if we vote no on this garbage contract. More scare tactics on the way Sunday.

Last edited:

Hroller

I just got an automated phone call stating I will be called on "this number Sunday at 5:00pm"
Press 9 if you want to opt out.
I didn't press anything.
Call ended.
I can't wait to hear the "sell job" on this future buy-out.