UPS to halt pickups for heavy items ahead of union vote

Discussion in 'The Latest UPS Headlines' started by cheryl, Nov 1, 2018.

1. cheryl

cheryl I started this. Staff Member

UPS to halt pickups for heavy items ahead of union vote - Reuters

United Parcel Service Inc (UPS.N) has warned customers that it will stop picking up shipments of heavy items starting next Wednesday to avoid any potential freight disruptions ahead of a union vote on Nov. 11, the company said on Thursday.

The standoff, which involves large shipments of goods bound for stores and other destinations, will not affect small-package deliveries during the upcoming holiday season, UPS said.

UPS wrapped up contract discussions with the Teamsters National Freight Industry Negotiating Committee on Oct. 25. The union has already authorized a strike if members vote “no” on the final contract offer from UPS.

2. OrionsBitch

OrionsBitch Not...

How much of this stuff is going to be broken down and shipped through small package?

3. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

All of it.

4. OrionsBitch

OrionsBitch Not...

I mean I can't picture UPS helping customers ship things Fedex....but then again this company doesn't make many compecomp decisions.

5. zubenelgenubi

zubenelgenubi Well-Known Member

What do you mean broken down?

6. OrionsBitch

OrionsBitch Not...

Taken off skids, separated and shipped individually through small package. Basically what they already do but ramped up.

7. PVDs to the rescue.

8. We're not touching struck goods after they pull the plug.

9. zubenelgenubi

zubenelgenubi Well-Known Member

I was joking. I was suggesting that we're already hauling freight in small package, so why bother breaking it down?

10. OrionsBitch

OrionsBitch Not...

Why did you quote yourself? Lol

11. We get along just fine.

12. No we dont.

13. It was lazy editing.