UPS to pay $25 million for false delivery claims

Work as directed.
Red-X.png

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
It sounds like UPS would have continued to get away with it if it weren't for Robert Fulk, who was a UPS employee. Under the whistle blower act he gets paid for ratting out his own company. Get money any way you can I guess. I always wondered what happens to those customers who's air was delayed due to a late plane. Do they automatically get reimbursed or do they have to call in to claim their money? If it's not an automatic reimbursement I can bet there's plenty of customers who, just like the government in this story, get their NDA packages after 10:30am or a day late and the premium price is not reimbursed because they didn't report it.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
"'The United States should get what it pays for, nothing less,' said Robert Erickson, acting inspector general of the General Services Administration."

Ironic. I guess this doesn't apply to taxpayers and what they pay for.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It sounds like UPS would have continued to get away with it if it weren't for Robert Fulk, who was a UPS employee. Under the whistle blower act he gets paid for ratting out his own company. Get money any way you can I guess. I always wondered what happens to those customers who's air was delayed due to a late plane. Do they automatically get reimbursed or do they have to call in to claim their money? If it's not an automatic reimbursement I can bet there's plenty of customers who, just like the government in this story, get their NDA packages after 10:30am or a day late and the premium price is not reimbursed because they didn't report it.
My uncle gets meds nda for his business a lot.

He says they have an exception for everything and gave up on being reimbursed a long time ago.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
great example they are setting for employees? huh? I guess one employee got fed up and turned them in on this and is gonna get 3.75 mill?

we all would get fired for showing such dishonesty.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
great example they are setting for employees? huh? I guess one employee got fed up and turned them in on this and is gonna get 3.75 mill?

we all would get fired for showing such dishonesty.

I wonder if he just waited until he retired and then blew the whistle? If he's a current employee I wonder if the union would be able to protect him form the inevitable backlash that he'd get from management?

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Before the RDR metric was being hammered by corporate, I was directed numerous times by my center manager to scan a package at the center and drive to the delivery point to avoid late air. This story doesn't surprise me in the least.