UPS to pay $25 million for false delivery claims

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
I find it very hard to believe UPS would issue ANY refund automatically. I'm not saying they didn't tell you that Dave, but come on do you really believe that?
I seriously doubt it is automatic, too. The wallet won't even be opened without some kicking and screaming. Remember these are the same guys who trained drivers how to cover up late air.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
I seriously doubt it is automatic, too. The wallet won't even be opened without some kicking and screaming. Remember these are the same guys who trained drivers how to cover up late air.
BTW it does automatically show up on a report if you deliver to alternate address. (Anytime diad goes red) I have been questioned lately when customers meet me on road to get nda. Sup questioned me the next day and said it's due to the lawsuit.

FilingBluesFL

I find it very hard to believe UPS would issue ANY refund automatically. I'm not saying they didn't tell you that Dave, but come on do you really believe that?

This seems to be the magic catch phrase they add on to everything these days. "and if you do this wrong, it's an automatic refund. If you do that wrong, it's an automatic refund."

Uh, yeah, probably not.

I can't wait to tell someone "Yeah, you CAN'T have your package. Now, go back to your house, and wait for me to get there.

oldngray

nowhere special
UPS stopped giving automatic refunds for late NDA's several years ago. The customer had to ask for the refund. Possibly UPS changed their policies because of that lawsuit but I doubt it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

UPS stopped giving automatic refunds for late NDA's several years ago. The customer had to ask for the refund. Possibly UPS changed their policies because of that lawsuit but I doubt it.

This is why retirees, no matter how recent, should refrain from posting in the operations threads, as the policies and procedures may have changed since you have been gone.

TUT

I am not aware of any carrier giving automatic refunds. What I know is you best call twice to have a chance at a refund. The first is to report it. The second is to prove you are serious about it. Refunds are not easy to get anymore.

Johney

This is why retirees, no matter how recent, should refrain from posting in the operations threads, as the policies and procedures may have changed since you have been gone.
Have you not noticed that every thread on here has a different opinion on how policies and procedures are done from center to center? No of course not.