UPS Tops Q1 Earnings Forecast, Plans $2 Billion Share Buyback Target

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member

UPS Tops Q1 Earnings Forecast, Plans $2 Billion Share Buyback Target - The Street

“The agility of our network and the continued execution of our strategy, putting us on our way to achieving our 2022 consolidated financial targets," said CEO Carol Tomé.

United Parcel Service (UPS) - Get United Parcel Service, Inc. Class B Report posted stronger-than-expected first quarter earnings Tuesday, while re-affirming its full-year profit forecast and unveiling plans to double its annual share buybacks to around $2 billion.

The stock was pressured in early trading, however, after the parcel delivery group said domestic volumes would continue to decline over the first half of the year, amid surging fuel and transport costs, before improving into six months ending in December.

UPS said earnings for the three months ending in March were pegged at $3.03 per share, up 9.4% from the same period last year and firmly ahead of the Street consensus forecast of $2.88 per share. Group revenues, the company said, rose 6.55% to $24.4 billion, again topping estimates of a $23.8 billion tally.

FonzieG

BrownOil Salesman
Time to do that and more.....I expect the stock to appreciate annually inflation plus 8 %.....
Oh come on. UPS is a value stock, aka boomer dividend play. If you want growth you need to be in Tesla/Amazon. UPS is not in the same league stock wise regardless of how many times corporate says 'we are a tech company that happens to also do shipping'

Oh come on. UPS is a value stock, aka boomer dividend play. If you want growth you need to be in Tesla/Amazon. UPS is not in the same league stock wise regardless of how many times corporate says 'we are a tech company that happens to also do shipping'
Over the past 5 years it returned on the 77% plus dividends

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
That guy is crazy. UPS stock is going great guns considering. My stock has doubled in the last several years. Would have to check records to see actually how long it took to double but it wasnt very long.

Love the dividends.. plus I just reinvest for more shares.

win win

FonzieG

BrownOil Salesman
Over the past 5 years it returned on the 77% plus dividends
That guy is crazy. UPS stock is going great guns considering. My stock has doubled in the last several years. Would have to check records to see actually how long it took to double but it wasnt very long.

win win
Ok now take away COVID boost (June 2020-present day) and tell me what those numbers look like.
We crabbed between $80-$120 for over 6 years; $35-45 for 10+ years before that. That's almost 20+ years of stock price stagnation, but reliable dividends. That is the definition of a value stock. Yes I work sales, how'd you know?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Ok now take away COVID boost (June 2020-present day) and tell me what those numbers look like.
We crabbed between $80-$120 for over 6 years; $35-45 for 10+ years before that. That's almost 20+ years of stock price stagnation, but reliable dividends. That is the definition of a value stock. Yes I work sales, how'd you know?
great........

The older we get the more we love dividends.....

My UPS stock accounts for about less than 1% of our portfolio. It's fun to keep from my old company. We have most in Vanguard Index funds ( age 60's ) ,S&P 500, REITS , Precious metals (less than 10% ) , Growth , Balanced etc etc. Very diversified.

Also have some individual stocks. Mainly blue chips with high dividends. Pays our gas, phone , etc.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

win win
Would you please
STFU

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
great........

The older we get the more we love dividends.....

My UPS stock accounts for about less than 1% of our portfolio. It's fun to keep from my old company. We have most in Vanguard Index funds ( age 60's ) ,S&P 500, REITS , Precious metals (less than 10% ) , Growth , Balanced etc etc. Very diversified.

Also have some individual stocks. Mainly blue chips with high dividends. Pays our gas, phone , etc.
Thank you Janet Yellen

Up In Smoke

Should be an interesting report. I see better than expected revenues, profit and dividends. Like most companies that have already reported, I expect reduced buy backs, cap ex and poor forward guidance. I bought August $165 put options back in May, so I'm hoping for a sell off.

Up In Smoke

My expectations were mostly correct. EPS up to $3.29 vs $3.16 expected on revenues of 24.77B vs 24.63B expected. Where I was wrong is UPS expects to buy back more outstanding shares 3B vs 2B and forward guidance is positive. Better not Bigger.