UPS Wins Digital Edge 25 Award For Innovative Consumer Package Delivery Services

ROBO MOD

I'm a Robot
Staff member
UPS My Choice® and UPS Access Point Network Integration Recognized for Digital Feat

UPS® (NYSE:UPS) today announced that it received a Digital Edge 25 award for its successful integration of two innovative technology-driven consumer services, UPS My Choice® and the UPS Access Point network. The Digital Edge 25 awards, presented by the AGENDA16 conference and produced by IDG Enterprise, honor companies that put digital innovation at the center of their business and continually strive to be on the “edge” of digital disruption.

Together, UPS My Choice® and The UPS Access Point™ network provide consumers with unprecedented control over their deliveries. Using UPS My Choice®, consumers can schedule deliveries, provide special delivery instructions to drivers and re-route packages to alternate delivery locations – including 8,000 convenient UPS Access Point locations in the U.S. The UPS Access Point™ network consists of conveniently located independent retail locations that offer parcel pick-up and drop-off services. With evening and weekend hours, these locations allow consumers to pick up and ship packages on their schedules.

The combination of the two services is a digital feat made possible by proprietary UPS routing software, and includes a significant integration of hundreds of applications on a global scale. The first of its kind in the U.S., the integration of the UPS Access Point™ network and UPS My Choice® demonstrates UPS’s continued commitment to digital innovations that enhance the customer experience and drive operational efficiencies.

“Our innovation teams realized that by combining the extensive capabilities of UPS My Choice® and the strength of the UPS Access Point™ network we would provide an even stronger value for our 22 million UPS My Choice® customers” said Dave Barnes, Chief Information Officer of UPS. “The integration of these services allows us to bring to the market unprecedented levels of flexibility providing our customers with a delivery experience tailored to meet their specific needs. In the age of global e-commerce, this is a win-win for our customers and UPS. We’re honored to receive this recognition from IDG Enterprise.”

The integration effort exemplifies UPS’s more than 108 years of business innovation and technology-driven focus on helping solve customer challenges in the rapidly-changing global marketplace.

About Digital Edge 25 awards

The Digital Edge 25 awards honor enterprises that have leveraged digital technologies such as social, mobile, analytics and cloud to achieve highly significant transformation or innovation for their business — to give them a competitive “digital edge.” The award focuses on the cross-functional business leadership that drives success in the digital business environment, as every business leader must have a strategic digital vision and focus. Selected by a panel of industry experts and business executives, winning applications are driving greater customer engagement, higher sales conversions and new product delivery mechanisms, as well as revenue and profit growth.

Indecisi0n

Just wait until Digital Edge wonders where their packages are because they took a day off only to find out that it's at Big Billy's Sausage store 10 blocks away waiting to be picked up.