UPS workers deserve a home but is it too difficult ?

Brownisbrown

UPS EMPLOYEE
When they do build houses they are mostly upscale that cost twice as much. Apartments are being forced in the suburbs too.
Well hopefully they get apartments here that arent over 1k to live in. The cheapest apartment around me charges 1.2k including utilities. It almost makes just getting a mortgage on a home worth it at this point.

oldngray

nowhere special
Well hopefully they get apartments here that arent over 1k to live in. The cheapest apartment around me charges 1.2k including utilities. It almost makes just getting a mortgage on a home worth it at this point.
They are building some luxury apartments near me and I'm sure the rent will be more than that. They are also 3 story buildings and the township only had equipment for 2 stories so they had to get a special permit and have the city (not that far away) handle any fires.

Brownisbrown

UPS EMPLOYEE
They are building some luxury apartments near me and I'm sure the rent will be more than that. They are also 3 story buildings and the township only had equipment for 2 stories so they had to get a special permit and have the city (not that far away) handle any fires.
I read a while ago that the vacancy rate of apartments are starting to increase in some cities. Not sure if it will result to anything but honestly I would take anything… need to move out of my parents soon

BobJ

I read a while ago that the vacancy rate of apartments are starting to increase in some cities. Not sure if it will result to anything but honestly I would take anything… need to move out of my parents soon

cities have been removing lanes to increase traffic to force people to use public transportation...

Maybe they're doing the same for housing so that we copy the world model of multiple generations in one apartment.

Brownisbrown

UPS EMPLOYEE
cities have been removing lanes to increase traffic to force people to use public transportation...

Maybe they're doing the same for housing so that we copy the world model of multiple generations in one apartment.
lol if they did this in the city I live in it would be hell on earth.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
You will eat bugs, own nothing, and be happy.
Thank you, Mr. Schwab
IMG_5146.jpeg

JL 0513

How are your property taxes and escrow adjustments? I heard that is an attack vector for those with low mortgages.
My taxes/insurance raised my mortgage payment about $250/mo this year. Not fun with all the other inflation. That's $3,000 more a year that came out of nowhere.

Steamer

The yellow line is new homes. The blue line is existing homes. Do we have a problem?
View attachment 445851
Supply and demand. An over supply of people pouring into the USA. The demand for housing and other essentials. Everything sky rockets. Inflation. They don't talk about that fact though. All an over supply of cheap labor. Lower wages. The rich love it.

More pollution too with more people.