UPSers and Faith

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Interesting as I am not familiar with any of these but these are the results:
1. Neo-Pagan (100%)
2. New Age (97%)
3. Mahayana Buddhism (97%)

I still have the same beliefs after this test which has at it's core an assumption of main-line Christianity.

I know what I believe and I have no intent to investigate these religions (I guess that is what they are).

I have my personal relationship with God and that is all the guidance I need.

Indecisi0n

Interesting as I am not familiar with any of these but these are the results:
1. Neo-Pagan (100%)
2. New Age (97%)

I still have the same beliefs after this test which has at it's core an assumption of main-line Christianity.

I know what I believe and I have no intent to investigate these religions (I guess that is what they are).

I have my personal relationship with God and that is all the guidance I need.

And me being a realist and not believing i totally respect your opinion but remember IT'S YOUR OPINION. I have issues when people try to force their religious crap down my throat. I don't believe and i won't believe so leave me alone (I am not talking to you personally but speaking about religious nuts [not you] in general).

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Irish Catholic Here is a pic of our crew @ Brown
quietman.jpg which one is Stewie ?

quietman.jpg

Catatonic

Nine Lives
And me being a realist and not believing i totally respect your opinion but remember IT'S YOUR OPINION. I have issues when people try to force their religious crap down my throat. I don't believe and i won't believe so leave me alone (I am not talking to you personally but speaking about religious nuts [not you] in general).

I hope you find peace and happiness in your life:

Be grateful for everything that has happened to yourself
Be loving with ourselves and everyone you know
Be continually focused on the joy that you can evoke with a simple smile

Note: I am not talking to you personally.

I also have issues when atheists and non-spiritual people try to impose their views on me ... so I can empathize with how you feel.
The only thing worse than a religious nut is an atheist nut ... they both know they are right and can't believe what a fool you are.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Talk of Faith conjurs up deep questions.....like.....

Why didn't anyone sit on the other side of the
table at the last supper ???

Indecisi0n

I hope you find peace and happiness in your life:

Be grateful for everything that has happened to yourself
Be loving with ourselves and everyone you know
Be continually focused on the joy that you can evoke with a simple smile

Note: I am not talking to you personally.

I also have issues when atheists and non-spiritual people try to impose their views on me ... so I can empathize with how you feel.
The only thing worse than a religious nut is an atheist nut ... they both know they are right and can't believe what a fool you are.

I don't say I'm right. I say that's my opinion. We should both be able to share our thoughts over a beer without judging each other.

tourists24

No one is forcing religious crap down your throat. What do you expect when you enter a thread that specifically asks about faith? You are going to hear religious crap. It may irritate you to hear people talking about their faith but I hardly think it is being forced on you

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Interesting as I am not familiar with any of these three but these are the results:
1. Neo-Pagan (100%)
2. New Age (97%)

I looked at the e-mail sent after taking the test and it included all twenty seven religions - I figured I would share the list with all.
As a note from my top three - Mahayana Buddhism is basically Buddhism. I heard that Buddha's and Jesus's teachings had many similar characteristics.
I personally think of and refer to myself as a Jesusist. I read the words of Jesus and use them to guide my life.
I was aware that my beliefs were similar to Unitarian Universalism Christianity (I think Jesusism would be in here) so that is one I would have expected.
The last eight are no surprise.

1. Neo-Pagan (100%)
  2. New Age (97%)
  4. Unitarian Universalism (91%)
  5. Liberal Quakers (87%)
  6. Taoism (80%)
  7. Theravada Buddhism (72%)
  8. Hinduism (71%)
  9. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (65%)
  10. Baha'i Faith (59%)
  11. New Thought (59%)
  12. Secular Humanism (59%)
  13. Scientology (57%)
  14. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (55%)
  15. Jainism (53%)
  16. Sikhism (53%)
  17. Orthodox Quaker (50%)
  18. Reform Judaism (50%)
  19. Nontheist (38%)
  20. Orthodox Judaism (34%)
  21. Islam (29%)
  22. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (29%)
  23. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (28%)
  24. Seventh Day Adventist (26%)
  25. Eastern Orthodox (21%)
  26. Roman Catholic (21%)
  27. Jehovah's Witness (9%)

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
My Faith in a nutshell . As a great man once said "Love Me and love one another" easier to say than do but that is what faith is about keep trying to do what is right and that which He said 2000 years ago. If you subscribe to these words how could we do wrong to one another especially the tender innocent beings nestled in the womb.

Integrity

Binge Poster
soberups,

A few followup questions to your post:

If this is getting too personal, then please private message me the answers if you will.

I have a great amount of faith in a higher power, and I consider myself to be a very spiritual person.

Can you describe your higher power?

Does your higher power have a name?

I dont think that this universe, this planet, and all of the people who have ever lived on it happened by accident.

If not by accident then how do you think it all happened and happens?

I also happen to believe that all of the major faiths of the world (Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Bhuddism) have their roots in a common truth that transcends the rituals and dogma of each particular religion.

What is this common truth that you speak of?

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
your a needy one aren't you. Why the constant need to force your silly views on everyone? Cant the mods do something about this ******? Every post he makes is the same garbage
hellfire,

Please provide evidence that I am trying to force my views on anyone.

If I agree with your assessment then I will apologize.

I only seek to speak the truth in love in all my affairs.

Individuals are free to believe whatever they choose, even if I disagree and think they are wrong.

The same goes for me.

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
Originally Posted by moreluck
Somebody can't take the hint that faith is very personal and putting it on the internet is like titling a thread "How long is your pecker?" Too personal!!

moreluck,

I disagree.

Faith is to be public.

Lived out in witness to others as a testimony of whom you believe.

Everyone lives how they believe every day anyway.

Sincerely,
I

I am quite busy at the moment and would like to give a much longer reply to this whole thread, but on the two statements above, I believe you are both right in some sense, and moreluck, your analogy I believe will help me make my point.

Our faith has both a private side as well as a public side, just like marriage. Sexual intimacy is obviously part of any healthy marriage yet a thread on BC "How long is your pecker?" is indeed too personal, just like moreluck suggests, but when Tom Jones and Jane Smith marry and they become Mr. and Mrs. Tom Jones, that is a side to marriage that is very public.

Many churches have steeples with a cross on top to be seen by the whole community and bells that play hymns, is that offensive to some of you who have come down on Integrity?

I try to never "corner" people on a religious issue but many people are interested in discussing the big life questions of meaning morality origin and ultimate destiny and I see nothing wrong having such conversations with people aho willingly partake. If this thread makes someone uncomfortable or is not of interest, there are thousands of other threads for that person to read.
air_driver,

Thanks for your participation.

Sincerely,
I