upstates 10,000 post

DS

Fenderbender
Wow upstate you covered a lot of ground there!At first I felt good till I read the part about the old driver on your ignore list.Maybe you're still mad about this photo.

upstatemad.jpg

You have lots of good points,and very few bad.Its great to have you around so we'll all know exactly whats really going on.:smart:
Congrats on your milestone.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
I missed the 10,000th Post; but want to say that I think that UPSstateNYER has absolutely made an impression on the BC community. In a positive way!
He's given me Pos and Neg Rep, (and an explanation of why); but he is consistent in his position on many subjects. He dabbles in many threads and gives his 2 cents; both popular and unpopular.
I like him and enjoy poking fun at him. Also, I enjoy his perspective on things.

10'000 posts means that you have stayed in touch and contributed for a long time.

Thank You for contributing to BC:happy-very::happy-very::happy-very::happy-very::peaceful::peaceful: How many emotics will it take??

bbsam

Staff member
Slurp, slurp, slurp, sloppy kiss, sloppy kiss, sloppy kiss. Wipe offy your face dwg. That's gross.:wink2:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Well, I didn't get mentioned......I'm just sayin' ! :dissapointed:

Positive reps. could make me feel better! :happy2:
(that's how you do it, fxdwg!) :peaceful:

DorkHead

Re: upstates 10,000 post

In response to the Pension Cut thread, it is true that the NYS Teamster Fund Penion Plan is being changed. We never had 25 and out. 30 and out is being revised. Currently you can retire at any age with 30 years of service and receive what they call a Normal Pension, which is roughly $4K/month. The Plan trustees will be implementing a minimum retirement age (either 55 or 57--this has not been decided or, if it has, has not been disclosed to the members). The Plan, which is a multi-employer plan, will also discontinue its contributions to the Fund and will rely solely on the contributions from the participating employers. We have been told that we will not lose our current projected pension but should not expect to have a whole lot added to it prior to retirement. There has been no talk of a grandfather clause for current employees, which I personally feel is not fair, especially if you are within 5 years of retiring and are less than 50 or 52 years of age. I know of a couple of co-workers who will end up working 5 to as many as 10 years longer to receive their Normal Pension. I will be 58 when I get my 30 so I am all set.

We have a meeting in early July on this-Local118. This is what our steward has told us so far
A few corrections, first, two members retired within last two months at $4900.00 to $5400.00 per month.
Minimum retirement age will be anywhere from 55 to 62. The union will most likely try for 62 ( more money contributed for longer time)
There will be grandfathering. You must have 25 yrs in by 1/1/2011. If you do, when you retire, you will receive 1 to 3% less , if you retire before the target year of 55 to 62. EX: 55yrs old-target age 62=7 yrs x 3% = 21% less of your projected retirement amount.
If you don`t have 25 yrs. in on 1/1/2011 it will be 5 to 8% per year
All this is for UPS members only and has to be voted on. Other companies will have their own adjustments.
I will keep you posted on what happens at the meeting

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Dork, is this information for the NYS Teamster Pension, administered out of Syracuse? I am asking as I do not know where Local 118 is. If so, thanks for the info. Dave.

rod

Retired 22 years
Re: upstates 10,000 post

In response to the Pension Cut thread, it is true that the NYS Teamster Fund Penion Plan is being changed. We never had 25 and out. 30 and out is being revised. Currently you can retire at any age with 30 years of service and receive what they call a Normal Pension, which is roughly $4K/month. The Plan trustees will be implementing a minimum retirement age (either 55 or 57--this has not been decided or, if it has, has not been disclosed to the members). The Plan, which is a multi-employer plan, will also discontinue its contributions to the Fund and will rely solely on the contributions from the participating employers. We have been told that we will not lose our current projected pension but should not expect to have a whole lot added to it prior to retirement. There has been no talk of a grandfather clause for current employees, which I personally feel is not fair, especially if you are within 5 years of retiring and are less than 50 or 52 years of age. I know of a couple of co-workers who will end up working 5 to as many as 10 years longer to receive their Normal Pension. I will be 58 when I get my 30 so I am all set.

We have a meeting in early July on this-Local118. This is what our steward has told us so far
A few corrections, first, two members retired within last two months at $4900.00 to $5400.00 per month.
Minimum retirement age will be anywhere from 55 to 62. The union will most likely try for 62 ( more money contributed for longer time)
There will be grandfathering. You must have 25 yrs in by 1/1/2011. If you do, when you retire, you will receive 1 to 3% less , if you retire before the target year of 55 to 62. EX: 55yrs old-target age 62=7 yrs x 3% = 21% less of your projected retirement amount.
If you don`t have 25 yrs. in on 1/1/2011 it will be 5 to 8% per year
All this is for UPS members only and has to be voted on. Other companies will have their own adjustments.
I will keep you posted on what happens at the meeting

2 quick questions (I apologize in advance for hijacking) what does it cost these new retirees a month for health care (if anything) and is their spouse included?

DorkHead

Upstate, I am Western NY, Rochester, but when we retire we have to go to Syracuse for final paperwork. So I believe we are under the same umbrella. On 1/1/2011 I will have 25.5 yrs in

Rod, once we retire we go on to UPS`s health plan which is roughly $260.00 a month for single. More for family or spouse. Not sure how much more. I will ask my friend who just retired

rod

Retired 22 years
Upstate, I am Western NY, Rochester, but when we retire we have to go to Syracuse for final paperwork. So I believe we are under the same umbrella. On 1/1/2011 I will have 25.5 yrs in

Rod, once we retire we go on to UPS`s health plan which is roughly $260.00 a month for single. More for family or spouse. Not sure how much more. I will ask my friend who just retired

thanks for getting back to me. I get $3,000 a month---------------but on the plus side it only cost me $150 a month for coverage that includes both my wife and me. The latest retirees who are now covered under UPS's plan get charged $250. OK---now lets get back to picking on upstate again.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
In just a little over 24 hrs, my boy UpState has racked up 41 new posts.
If he can keep up that pace, it will only take 244 more days for him to reach 20,000.