URGENT...need answers ASAP !

vantexan

Are you kidding me? A bad back can haunt you for the rest of your life and you are worried about a certain route at FedEx?

​But if he gets displaced he'll probably end up on a heavy route that'll be worse on his back. My advice to him is when back hurts put some Mineral Ice on it and lay flat for hours. Works for me.

hypo hanna

​But if he gets displaced he'll probably end up on a heavy route that'll be worse on his back. My advice to him is when back hurts put some Mineral Ice on it and lay flat for hours. Works for me.

If its just some muscle strain that would work but what if its something serious? Should he trust the diagnosis of the company quack?

id rather risk loosing this crapppy job then end up permanently disabled. I have seen them do just what you describe. Take someone released back to work by a company doctor, (aka workers comp hack), and then put her on the heaviest route in the station. She did not last four months.

Last edited:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
If its just some muscle strain that would work but what if its something serious? Should he trust the diagnosis of the company quack?

id rather risk loosing this crapppy job then end up permanently disabled. I have seen them do just what you describe. Take someone released back to work by a company doctor, (aka workers comp hack), and then put her on the heaviest route in the station. She did not last four months.

Exactly. If you come back and they know you are still hurt, they'll try and break you by sticking you on some industrial park route with a lot of bulk stops and heavy lifting. The goal is always to eliminate you, but to make it look like you quit on your own, not because they set you up.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Exactly. If you come back and they know you are still hurt, they'll try and break you by sticking you on some industrial park route with a lot of bulk stops and heavy lifting. The goal is always to eliminate you, but to make it look like you quit on your own, not because they set you up.

Exactly.

Fred's always happy when he has broken the back of another senior courier.

Why do you think the weight limit for Express is 150 lbs. instead of 75?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Only joking. I see express pickups sometimes that look like they weigh more than me.

They often do. I've seen customers lie and say a crate weighs 150#. When it gets re-weighed at the ramp, it really weighs #275. In the meantime, you've damaged your back and left your spine back somewhere on the warehouse floor. When you say you were injured, FedEx will blame you.

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
They often do. I've seen customers lie and say a crate weighs 150#. When it gets re-weighed at the ramp, it really weighs #275. In the meantime, you've damaged your back and left your spine back somewhere on the warehouse floor. When you say you were injured, FedEx will blame you.
I went to a pickup at a lasik clinic once. Express had delivered it... some huge laser machine that weighed about 500 lbs. It arrived a month early and was too big for the clinic doors. An actual Express semi truck with a lift gate dumped it right in the parking lot. Ground pickups are usually the next day, so I imagine the $$$$ machine spent the night outside, and of course I left that headache right where it sat.