US Army public health command work heat/hydration chart

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
Screenshot_20220721-142247_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

This chart, created by the Army is to be used for work/rest times as well as hydration charts per hour, based upon work load.
Notice the work rest time ratios.
These are highly trained, apparently highly in shape, professional soldiers.

I would consider our work to be Moderate to Heavy work depending on route, etc.
This should be the standard for healthy heat related working conditions.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
View attachment 392846

This chart, created by the Army is to be used for work/rest times as well as hydration charts per hour, based upon work load.

We don’t crawl or walk around with a 40 lb pack, we don’t do calisthenics, and we don’t walk in sand. But I like the idea of chart like this being negotiated for, tailored to UPS workers.

Johney

View attachment 392846

Don’t kid yourself my son is a Sargent in the Reserve and his unit was on their two week drill in north Florida for the last two weeks and less than a week into it about a dozen guys had to go to the hospital due to heat stroke or exhaustion one of the two.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
We don’t crawl or walk around with a 40 lb pack, we don’t do calisthenics, and we don’t walk in sand. But I like the idea of chart like this being negotiated for, tailored to UPS workers.
The power company linemen in my area don’t go out if temp is over 90 or below 0 unless it’s an emergency

rod

Retired 22 years
The power company linemen in my area don’t go out if temp is over 90 or below 0 unless it’s an emergency
Damn they better not get a lineman job in Minnesota then. They go out in ANT weather here thank god. We would have a terrible death rate if there wasn't any power for a long time in the winter. Weather below zero for a week or so is not all that uncommon for us.

oldngray

nowhere special
Damn they better not get a lineman job in Minnesota then. They go out in ANT weather here thank god. We would have a terrible death rate if there wasn't any power for a long time in the winter. Weather below zero for a week or so is not all that uncommon for us.
Odd how the times when they need to repair the lines are in bad weather

rod

Retired 22 years
Odd how the times when they need to repair the lines are in bad weather
They do earn their money around here. A TOUGH group of guys and gals. Just when they get into an easier period they are loaned out to work in some god awful crap hole in the south to fix the power grid after a hurricane.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
What’s ANT 🐜 weather? It rains ants?

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Don’t kid yourself my son is a Sargent in the Reserve and his unit was on their two week drill in north Florida for the last two weeks and less than a week into it about a dozen guys had to go to the hospital due to heat stroke or exhaustion one of the two.
So do you think they were out of shape to play Army for 2 weeks? Sergeant.

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
In my unit when in extreme heat, ice sheets were the go to life saver. Fill a 5 gallon jug with ice water and sheets. Wrap the person suffering heat exhaustion/stroke and bring them to the hospital.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
View attachment 392846

Is driving to your next stop resting? Lemme guess…..