Us department of labor physical demand level.

THEKINGOFFLEAS

This is my second go round with a serious injury at UPS and the crap I receive about my job description and what I actually do is unbelievable, according to the Dept of Labor very heavy physical demand is dealing with 100lbs. UPS sends me a physical demand assessment to give to my doctor that says I occasionally (1%-33% of the time I'm at work) deal with 100lbs. I'm pushing upwards of 8000lb containers all freakin day and usually with someone thats 95lbs soaking wet on mezzanines that don't work properly, and sometimes uphill if you're loading an aircraft. I DO NOT UNLOAD CONTAINERS, I UNLOAD AIRCRAFT THAT THE CONTAINERS ARE IN AND THEY WEIGH SUBSTANTIALLY MORE THAN 100LBS. UPS WILL NEVER PUT DOWN WHAT WE DO IN WRITING...WHY??!!! It is impossible for medical personnel to properly evaluate your ability to work without an accurate job description. You hearing me UPS.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
They hear you, they choose to ignore you. However, if thou art in possession of a set of large cojones, you could post your ideas upon their Facebook page, where Annee or Seini could tell you to pose your question to your supervisor or local HR team. Surely there you find the answers you seek. Or perhaps, they would offer you a tall glass of STFU. Didn't you know you're supposed to be grateful for a job and benefits in THIS economy? We are tools albeit expensive, but tools nonetheless. They use us and when we break, they throw us in the trash can and buy new ones.

You're nothing, I'm nothing, WE'RE NOTHING. The sooner you comes to terms with that, the sooner you will be free.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I'm not nothing. What UPS views of me and what I view of myself are two different things. UPS can view me however they want as long as they are paying me. As far as safety, this is where my view comes into play that I'm worth more than an unsafe work practice of inoperable tools, it so happens that OSHA agrees with that. Perhaps the OP should contact them if he feels tools and equipment are in disrepair with the company refusing to repair them resulting in aforementioned unsafe environment.

brown_trousers

This is my second go round with a serious injury at UPS and the crap I receive about my job description and what I actually do is unbelievable, according to the Dept of Labor very heavy physical demand is dealing with 100lbs. UPS sends me a physical demand assessment to give to my doctor that says I occasionally (1%-33% of the time I'm at work) deal with 100lbs. I'm pushing upwards of 8000lb containers all freakin day and usually with someone thats 95lbs soaking wet on mezzanines that don't work properly, and sometimes uphill if you're loading an aircraft. I DO NOT UNLOAD CONTAINERS, I UNLOAD AIRCRAFT THAT THE CONTAINERS ARE IN AND THEY WEIGH SUBSTANTIALLY MORE THAN 100LBS. UPS WILL NEVER PUT DOWN WHAT WE DO IN WRITING...WHY??!!! It is impossible for medical personnel to properly evaluate your ability to work without an accurate job description. You hearing me UPS.

I think its rather hilarious how management is so dumbfounded every time an injury occurs. Our job is probably more physically demanding than 95% of jobs in America. Yet management just can't grasp the correlation between "physically demanding" and "injury". I mean come on... its simple statistics!

menotyou

bella amicizia
I have seen the descriptions UPS has for preloader and for package car driver. Quite detailed as far as I am concerned.

packageguy

Just saying, I know people who video taped on there cell phone the physical demand. and showed there doctors. Again, I know you can not use your cell phone. But I know people who did.

menotyou

bella amicizia
There are detailed descriptions with the physical requirements for every job. Here, the people with those specific papers are located in Albany.

Just saying, I know people who video taped on there cell phone the physical demand. and showed there doctors. Again, I know you can not use your cell phone. But I know people who did.

Hell, was it discovery channel or?, that had the documentary on Worldhub? Get that publicly released footage and use it against them.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
"this facility is monitored with video surveillance" is on the entrance to the building here.

That works both ways.

Regarding the job causing injuries, maybe cease to do the job and explain, that job that is physical to the point where it causes injury and it isn't safe? The last I checked, "know your limits" was a key phrase.

a-ha , Again the double edge sword.

Red Dawn

Could that number come from the amount of force of pushing a 5-8 thousand can on rollers is equal to lifting 100lbs. How did you get hurt? Pushing/pulling, in the belly, consolidating cans? Do you not have the seniority to tug, ground spot, kload, or Marshall? Or do y'all rotate?

flipstyle9

It is

Ups treats you like a dog i shoulg call osha. As a preloader you get boxes that don't even fit the aisles between truck and belt and boxes stacked behind truck. What happens during an emergeny? Your screwed. No place to duck since boxes under the belt. Can't run with all the boxes.

I will say this is one job that is real physically demanding probably more demanding than any job in America. I say union fights for us doing only 2 trucks as preloaders

UPSGUY72

Re: It is

Ups treats you like a dog i shoulg call osha. As a preloader you get boxes that don't even fit the aisles between truck and belt and boxes stacked behind truck. What happens during an emergeny? Your screwed. No place to duck since boxes under the belt. Can't run with all the boxes.

I will say this is one job that is real physically demanding probably more demanding than any job in America. I say union fights for us doing only 2 trucks as preloaders

NOT...

If your looking for a more physically demanding job they might really treat you like **** you might want to try being roughneck, lumberjack, construction worker, soldier, foundry worker, or fisherman to name a few.....

You work less than four hour a day and still can't handle it....

CAFAL

Re: It is

You should go out for belt supervisor. They make more dough and you can fix everything