US national debt

moreluck

golden ticket member
Oh, you polled America ??? My God you're quick.

Gee, I thought we had a leader......apparently I was wrong. "O" fiddles etc!!!

klein

Für Meno :)
The poll was done on Wall Street today ! TOS didn't need to do his own poll.

Why you can't figure it out why spending cuts aren't good for the stock market is your little problem.
But when you cut in infrastructure, medicare, SS, military, well it all adds up to higher umemployment, less money in peoples pockets, etc.

Since no tax hikes are allowed, keep cutting and wonder why all those jobs aren't being created !

moreluck

golden ticket member
The poll was done on Wall Street today ! TOS didn't need to do his own poll.

Why you can't figure it out why spending cuts aren't good for the stock market is your little problem.
But when you cut in infrastructure, medicare, SS, military, well it all adds up to higher umemployment, less money in peoples pockets, etc.

Since no tax hikes are allowed, keep cutting and wonder why all those jobs aren't being created !

Are you the ape protector now?

Well, you've told us 37 times now.....I guess we just don't get it, Bubba !!

bbsam

Staff member
Her vote or that of any US lawmakers effects everyone in all states, good or bad. It would be nice if all of them had a sound mind.
And can you show me anything anywhere that suggests she doe not have a sound mind? Did Steven Hawking have a sound mind? Helen Keller? Zell Miller? (I wonder about him.) Really, trp, I'm surprised you fall for that kind of speculation.

moreluck

golden ticket member
And can you show me anything anywhere that suggests she doe not have a sound mind? Did Steven Hawking have a sound mind? Helen Keller? Zell Miller? (I wonder about him.) Really, trp, I'm surprised you fall for that kind of speculation.

I didn't know Helen Keller was shot in the head? I don't see anything wrong with wondering if someone who took a headshot is "all there" anymore. It's just that I mentioned it aloud. It's been many months since Tucson and we really haven't gotten the updates on her progression. If she was a private citizen it wouldn't matter. But, as an elected congresswoman, it does. And no, we can't show you that she doesn't have a sound mind because her condition is a closely held secret to us.

If we had questioned more thoroughly, we may have known sooner that Obama was not equipped to be president.

Really Sam? Where did I ever imply that Giffords wasn't of sound mind. I'll save you the trouble of looking...I DIDN"T. I said it would be nice that ALL of them had a sound mind that includes everyone of them. I personally never thought Giffords wasn't of sound mind any more so than before the shooting. You're getting as bad as TOS about jumping the gun, read what I typed not what you "think" I meant.

bbsam

Staff member
Moreluck questioned whether she knew what she was doing. When I pointed out that Giffords was not her representative so what difference did it make, you decided to reply that since representatives vote in a way that has the potential to affect us all, it would be good for all of them to be of sound mind. Again I ask, what indication is there that she is not of sound mind? Why would the quesion even come up? Jim Brady was shot in the head and I don't recall ever seeing anyone quesion his soundness of mind.

Moreluck questioned whether she knew what she was doing. When I pointed out that Giffords was not her representative so what difference did it make, you decided to reply that since representatives vote in a way that has the potential to affect us all, it would be good for all of them to be of sound mind. Again I ask, what indication is there that she is not of sound mind? Why would the quesion even come up? Jim Brady was shot in the head and I don't recall ever seeing anyone quesion his soundness of mind.

I was saying I wanted ALL law makers, that make decisions effecting the entire country to have a sound mind, Giffords included. I never suggested she wasn't of sound mind but do believe that there are some (that haven't been shot in the head) not of sound mind.

I don't know if Brady's state of mind was ever questioned or not. Brady was not a legislator either, he made no decisions past what info to let out to the media and how to word the info.

moreluck

golden ticket member
James Brady was unable to return to work as before.......but just retained the title.

His neurosurgeon, Arthur Kobrine, described him as having difficulty controlling his emotions while speaking after the shooting, saying "he would kind of cry-talk for a while", and suffering deficits in memory and thinking, such as failing to recognize people. However, Kobrine said that 30 years later, Brady could walk and had recovered almost all speech and cognitive function.[SUP][5][/SUP]Brady was unable to continue as Ronald Reagan's press secretary, but he retained that title for the duration of Reagan's presidency, with Larry Speakes and Marlin Fitzwater performing the job on an "acting" or "deputy" basis.
[h=3][/h]

moreluck

golden ticket member
And are these difficulties enough to suggest a lack of soundness of mind?

Look, I'm no doctor. If a person gets shot in the head, they are usually killed. If they live, what effects are there on the brain?

You apparently think they bounce right back and have no ill effects from the injury. The reason I think that their mind wouldn't be very sound is because a bullet entered their brain and maybe did some huge damage to the control center & thought center and reasoning center and what ever other centers are up there.

YES, these are things that could cause the brain to NOT BE THE SAME. The person may not have the brain to do the work they did before the injury. I don't know how much clearer I can make it.

bbsam

Staff member
Actually I believe someone like my brother could be shot in the head and if he lived still be far brighter and on the mentally sound than 98% of the people in this country. Yeah. He's really that good.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Actually I believe someone like my brother could be shot in the head and if he lived still be far brighter and on the mentally sound than 98% of the people in this country. Yeah. He's really that good.

Now that you bring it up.........about brothers, oh nevermind, that would just be mean!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
It is a well known fact that August is when most money fund managers take their vacations.
These wild swings currently being seen are nothing new.
Wait until after Labor Day when the real bosses return .

moreluck

golden ticket member
178023.jpg