use driveways and sidewalks in ups publication

browned out

I have a picture from a UPS safety publication that was sent to my home. It has a package car driver completing a chalk drawing of a sidewalk with the caption USE DRIVEWAYS AND SIDE WALKS Does anyone know what facility this pic was taken in or know where I can find a copy. I believe it was in a 2010 publication like Inside UPS.

Thanks

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I have a picture from a UPS safety publication that was sent to my home. It has a package car driver completing a chalk drawing of a sidewalk with the caption USE DRIVEWAYS AND SIDE WALKS Does anyone know what facility this pic was taken in or know where I can find a copy. I believe it was in a 2010 publication like Inside UPS.

Thanks

I can't read the lettering anymore ... it appears it browned out.

GolfCart

our hub has a 2 acre rule . MUST stay out of driveways unless 2 acres or 2 football fields long driveway . HA ! HA ! I back into 90% of mine , I have dogs out in the county , so I do not listen to my boss . Yes , If I get caught he might try to write me up . They wanted us to sign a paper saying , " I will stay out of every driveway , unless its 2 acre or 2 football fields long" I put RTS , refuse to sign !!!!!!!!! I did not pay football , and I am not a surveryer .......

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Our Safety Chairman takes those big pieces of colored chalk and writes safety slogans on the concrete floor of our Hub that we can read when we walk to the DIAD rack. On the first day of this year, she wrote:

"New Year,
New Uniforms,
New Attitude,
Same Old Sh_t"

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Our Safety Chairman takes those big pieces of colored chalk and writes safety slogans on the concrete floor of our Hub that we can read when we walk to the DIAD rack. On the first day of this year, she wrote:

"New Year,
New Uniforms,
New Attitude,
Same Old Sh_t"
i dont often LOL ,but i did when i read that =)

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
our hub has a 2 acre rule . MUST stay out of driveways unless 2 acres or 2 football fields long driveway . HA ! HA ! I back into 90% of mine , I have dogs out in the county , so I do not listen to my boss . Yes , If I get caught he might try to write me up . They wanted us to sign a paper saying , " I will stay out of every driveway , unless its 2 acre or 2 football fields long" I put RTS , refuse to sign !!!!!!!!! I did not pay football , and I am not a surveryer .......

It is sad that we are actually paying a salary to the idiot who wasted the time, paper and ink needed to print up such drivel. Not only does this idiot hold a management position with our company, but he is allowed to vote and breed offspring too. Its kind of frightening if you really stop to think about it.

menotyou

bella amicizia
We had a driver sent home Tuesday because he was making a delivery at the end of a dead end road. The way they plowed the snow made it impossible for him to turn around. So, he was forced to back out of the road. Dirt road, very rural area up in Goose Bay. These are mainly seasonal roads that more and more people are using year round as they have sold they homes and are living at their cottages. This guy is a 24 yr veteran with a spotless record. He has delivered this area for at least 10 years. The call to send him home came from the district office. Local management had no say.
They sent him home without pay.

What did this accomplish?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
We had a driver sent home Tuesday because he was making a delivery at the end of a dead end road. The way they plowed the snow made it impossible for him to turn around. So, he was forced to back out of the road. Dirt road, very rural area up in Goose Bay. These are mainly seasonal roads that more and more people are using year round as they have sold they homes and are living at their cottages. This guy is a 24 yr veteran with a spotless record. He has delivered this area for at least 10 years. The call to send him home came from the district office. Local management had no say.

Did he get into an accident?

Even if he did, sending him home without following the progressive discipline language in the contract accomplished nothing except for entitling him to his 8 hr gurantee without having to do any work.

over9five

Staff member
And when he comes back, the idiots will beg him for a sales lead.

How many sales leads do you think he will submit with his new attitude?

All they do is stab themselves in the foot when they do stupid things like that.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Did he get into an accident?

Even if he did, sending him home without following the progressive discipline language in the contract accomplished nothing except for entitling him to his 8 hr gurantee without having to do any work.
No. No accident. Backed 1300 feet to get out of the situation(Long narrow dirt road-probably use to be a driveway) and to continue his daily duties. Nothing was said until the next morning. Big show in front of the others, ya know.

He will get paid, and now the drivers morale is even lower. Great managing style, DM.

Not.

UPSGUY72

Thanks

Nope

I take the shortest safe path to and from the point of delivery whether there is a SUP on my car or not.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
No. No accident. Backed 1300 feet to get out of the situation(Long narrow dirt road-probably use to be a driveway) and to continue his daily duties. Nothing was said until the next morning. Big show in front of the others, ya know.

He will get paid, and now the drivers morale is even lower. Great managing style, DM.

Not.

So.....he showed up on the telematics report that he backed that far. There is no other way it could have been found out unless the truck told on him. I thought telematics was not supposed to be used to discipline drivers. Of course he COULD have been commended on his skill as a driver to get himself out of the situation. Let's focus on the negative though.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Exactly. The report was used for discipline. It won't stick, and luckily the gentleman they have decide to pick on won't take this sitting down. He should be commended for his skills, as he drives a p1000 all over one of the harder to navigate areas of scenic retreats. The Thousand Islands is not an easy area to drive one of those bread trucks. His area is the northern part of the islands. Many roads very similar to what Sober talks about. We just don't have the elevation. Wonder person, extremely safe, work ethic beyond reproach. This is how they treat people like him. Sad.

Why did I have this operation??

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
This is good to know. Anyone who finds themselves in this situation (it happens to all of us) should call it in. If they tell you to back it out flatly refuse and call a tow truck.

rocket man

we had a driver sent home tuesday because he was making a delivery at the end of a dead end road. The way they plowed the snow made it impossible for him to turn around. So, he was forced to back out of the road. Dirt road, very rural area up in goose bay. These are mainly seasonal roads that more and more people are using year round as they have sold they homes and are living at their cottages. This guy is a 24 yr veteran with a spotless record. He has delivered this area for at least 10 years. The call to send him home came from the district office. Local management had no say.

he got to go home and be warm and dry for a day. Thats a acomplishment