USPS deal

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Interesting. A 180 degree change in corporate philosophy. When did this sudden enlightenment occur to management? You know, the ones who had all the facts, and were willing to step up to the plate? Certainly not before the business model was run into the ground (pun intended). Express delivery was made complex and inefficient because of the parameters imposed by corporate, that you are now saying are worthless.

And you blamed it on the couriers.
You're talking out of your head.

59 Dano

UPS will have no problem getting 1030 shipments there , they’ll feast on this if it happened. They need the work and revenue with the new contract.
That said companies bundle , if you can’t handle 1030 , you can’t handle our business.
Anyone knowing anything about logistics or the delivery system knows this.
There are thousands of accounts that split between us and UPS. Where do you get these silly ideas?

Gone fishin

There are thousands of accounts that split between us and UPS. Where do you get these silly ideas?
Lay offs

59 Dano

Lay offs

Layoffs

Gone fishin

I'm dealing with real data on the macro level about customers, what they do, how much they do it, and why.

The fact that you're talking about a pizza delivery doesn't make me lost, it makes you lost.
Sorry , I’ll slow down and try to explain myself better to you. You can’t possibly work in the logistics industry

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
They're laying off thousands of them.
New YorkCNN —
UPS announced Tuesday that it will cut 12,000 jobs as part of a bid to save $1 billion costs. Managers and contractor positions will make up most of the layoffs.

Another piece of proof that UPS is run smarter than FedEx.

bacha29

That’s why rural routes P1 is 5:00 pm 🤦🏻‍♂️
If it stays that way. The objective is to go from two trucks in the same area down to one. So you tell me.....how long to do you think it will be until earlier time commit air box finds there way onto rural ground trucks? Their clearly stated objective is to eliminate the expense of having two trucks 1 Ground and 1 Express running over the same area everyday.

FedupExpress

I'm dealing with real data on the macro level about customers, what they do, how much they do it, and why.

The fact that you're talking about a pizza delivery doesn't make me lost, it makes you lost.
FedEx hasn't had "real data" since they opened, it's always been a dumpster fire of mistakes.

59 Dano

Sorry , I’ll slow down and try to explain myself better to you. You can’t possibly work in the logistics industry
I gave you the data from our customers. Less than 5% of them file MBG claims for service failures. I can't say how much or how little they care about service, but their actions speak louder than your words.

Take it up with them if you don't like it.

59 Dano

Exactly , you don’t think UPS is going after our 1030 business when our service is terrible through this idiotic merge.
Cmon man , you’re better than that
Our service metrics and theirs are within a percentage point of each other or within the margin of error depending on which types of measurements and which sources you listen to.

I don't know why you and others take it so personally that the company isn't in a tailspin with 35% service levels and mass job openings left and right. I don't know what the benefit is from peacocking stubbornness and refusal to deal with the data, metics, and info that would allow someone to make an informed decision, but I hope it's worth it.

yadig

Our service metrics and theirs are within a percentage point of each other or within the margin of error depending on which types of measurements and which sources you listen to.

I don't know why you and others take it so personally that the company isn't in a tailspin with 35% service levels and mass job openings left and right. I don't know what the benefit is from peacocking stubbornness and refusal to deal with the data, metics, and info that would allow someone to make an informed decision, but I hope it's worth it.
They have a better on-time delivery percentage by 10 or more points than FedEx.

59 Dano

What do you think FedEx is doing? The big difference is ups is cutting mostly management and contractors.
That's my mistake, I should have trimmed your post to highlight the part I was referring to, which was
That said companies bundle , if you can’t handle 1030 , you can’t handle our business.
That's just stupid. There are thousands of shippers that split between FedEx and UPS (and DHL for that matter). Companies bundle when it makes sense, for as long as it makes sense. And for many companies, it doesn't make sense.