Utility Driver Question

Justin52

Can a utility driver scheduled in one center be forced on a day to day basis to go run a route in different center? Or can they refuse and stay at the center they are scheduled at?

Feeder665

Go big or go home!

Attachments

• F4390184-FC2E-45AA-B4D4-8018276C6F08.jpeg
    F4390184-FC2E-45AA-B4D4-8018276C6F08.jpeg
    230.4 KB · Views: 423

Heavy Package

Can a utility driver scheduled in one center be forced on a day to day basis to go run a route in different center?

Had a few low seniority guys get told if they want to work then they need to report to xx Center to run a route. Some of them did and some of them said they would rather go home. Here in the Atlantic region.

barnyard

KTM rider
In my building, when that happens, it is a seniority order type of thing. "We have a route available in this building for a week, do you want to do it?" Been a couple of years since I have seen it in my building.

Utility81

Can a utility driver scheduled in one center be forced on a day to day basis to go run a route in different center? Or can they refuse and stay at the center they are scheduled at?
Yes pretty much whatever they want when you first qualify. Once you learn a few routes in your center you’ll pretty much be in that center if they want you. I’m sure you could grieve in some form or fashion but it’s just easier to work and get paid. Eventually get a route even if it’s something nobody wants and make it yours.