Utility Drivers

PT Car Washer

Not sure what local OP is in but here's the applicable language for my local regarding their pay

4.02 The Utility Driver rate of pay will be the start rate of a package driver pursuant to Article 41 Section 2(c) of the NMUPSA or the regular rate of the employee, whichever is greater.

In practice up here these are usually (or always from what I've seen) part time inside employees who are trained and qualified to drive and get used as all purpose cover drivers with no restrictions aside from DOT regulations. They do progress as whatever their "regular" job is so they could technically get a raise beyond starting driver pay if they happen to have a better regular job than a basic part time classification or if they receive an MRA big enough but I haven't heard of either happening.
We use PT and 22.3 air drivers and pay them top FT driver rate.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
Utility Drivers need to be on progressive pay same as Full time drivers.
Utility Drivers, deliver, pickup,
air pick ups, shuttle...they do about everything and they are only paid starting driver wages, with no progression. So if you are a Utility Driver for say 20 yrs, you will only ever make starting driver wage.
This is something that the Union needs to change in the new contract. Other wise UPS will just continue to use Utility Drivers and abuse them for low pay.
I have a solution…become a RPCD.

Jax65

Not sure what local OP is in but here's the applicable language for my local regarding their pay

4.02 The Utility Driver rate of pay will be the start rate of a package driver pursuant to Article 41 Section 2(c) of the NMUPSA or the regular rate of the employee, whichever is greater.

In practice up here these are usually (or always from what I've seen) part time inside employees who are trained and qualified to drive and get used as all purpose cover drivers with no restrictions aside from DOT regulations. They do progress as whatever their "regular" job is so they could technically get a raise beyond starting driver pay if they happen to have a better regular job than a basic part time classification or if they receive an MRA big enough but I haven't heard of either happening.
I am a part time inside worker, who they sent to driving school and you are correct they use me for everything, manly for pulling their ass out of the fire. When they are short on Reg full time drivers. Work me 53-60 hrs a week during peek, did a daily air pickup for 1.5 yrs but still after 4.5 years still only pay me $21 an hour. Then when I asked to be paid correctly, they gave me 3 more days and then said no more daily air pickup or utility driving, only allowed to work inside.

PT Car Washer

I am a part time inside worker, who they sent to driving school and you are correct they use me for everything, manly for pulling their ass out of the fire. When they are short on Reg full time drivers. Work me 53-60 hrs a week during peek, did a daily air pickup for 1.5 yrs but still after 4.5 years still only pay me $21 an hour. Then when I asked to be paid correctly, they gave me 3 more days and then said no more daily air pickup or utility driving, only allowed to work inside.
Sounds like my building only air drivers are paid top driver rate when delivering or picking up ground packages. Feast or famine for air drivers.