Vacation spots

Cementups

Box Monkey
I would say if you are not from here and get the chance, go ahead and go to HersheyPark. Not too bad I guess but I've lived here for all my life so its all old hat to me.

In the states, so far I think I liked St. Louis a bit but really needed more time there.

I prefer to take my vaations inteh Carribbean in March so can escape the 30-40 degrees and go somewhere warmand relaxing. Cruises included.

satellitedriver

Helmsley, England.
The "Black Swan" is the place to stay. Great Pub and the best proper English breakfast that I have ever had. One of the most peaceful dawn strolls I have ever taken.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I like the Ozarks, and Oklahoma. Hours of driving and no UPS trucks. Lots of photography opportunities too. You can pull over and sleep, and no terrorists either. Cell phones dont generally work either. That is where Im retiring, an occasional tornado, otherwise nothing, Love it.

satellitedriver

Oh the stories I have from my journey to Amsterdam but alas, the mods will not allow me to tell them.
It wasn't that stroll you took around the church just window shopping was it?
You know what I'm talking about if you've been there. What happens in Amsterdam, I hope, stays in Amsterdam. You didn't visit the bottom room of the"BullDog" did you? If you did ,I will testifiy that I didn't see you.

diadlover

It wasn't that stroll you took around the church just window shopping was it?
You know what I'm talking about if you've been there. What happens in Amsterdam, I hope, stays in Amsterdam. You didn't visit the bottom room of the"BullDog" did you? If you did ,I will testifiy that I didn't see you.
LOL - I was just kidding around, satellite. You've really been there? Please, do tell!!

satellitedriver

Hiking Hermits Trail into "The Grand Canyon" alone. It was great to be 18 and seeking oneself. 120 degrees and running out of water kind of sucked, but I will never forget the joy of finding that little stream of water that refreshed me and showed me the way to the river. Met some pretty cool people that had been living in the canyon, just kind of hiding out. From what I didn't know, nor did I ask. Great experience, just glad I lived thru it.

diadlover

Hiking Hermits Trail into "The Grand Canyon" alone. It was great to be 18 and seeking oneself. 120 degrees and running out of water kind of sucked, but I will never forget the joy of finding that little stream of water that refreshed me and showed me the way to the river. Met some pretty cool people that had been living in the canyon, just kind of hiding out. From what I didn't know, nor did I ask. Great experience, just glad I lived thru it.
Very nice, Satellite. Beautiful story.

Now tell me about Amsterdam!!

wadep

And when you on vacation do you ever venture into other centers just to check them out, or are you affraid you'll be asked to cover a run while your there.:lol:

satellitedriver

LOL - I was just kidding around, satellite. You've really been there? Please, do tell!!
I will not tell all, just some. The church was built from donations by the local working girls. All around the church is a kind of gallery of shop windows that display just about any sex act that can be provided for money. The "Bulldog" basement I will take the 5th on. This all happened before I worked at UPS, that's my story and I damn sure gonna stick to it.

wakyzachy

I am the IRS for UPS!
Since I delivered Yellowstone Nalt Park for several summers
that would have to be my Favorite place. 350 miles
and a hour 12 hr day. It sure beat working for a living.
My favorite Elk is number 10. Beware he will charge you and
your car. To see him go to Mammoth the middle of September
and have your tennis shoes on. This beautiful 7 point will have
an ear tag ( number 10)

Hey just wondering if you deliver to Togwotee Mountain Lodge? I saw a UPS driver dropping off packages when I was staying there. I said I cant beleve you guys drive all the way out here. The driver said USPS does not even drive this far he said. I told him he was so lucky. I want to drive in Yellowstone. :lol:

ups_vette

Ten years ago my wife and I took a cruise from Athens Greece, crossing the Med, thru the Suez Canal to the Indian Ocean. We stopped in Isreal, Egypt, Jordan, the Sychell Islands,and ending with a 5 day safari in Kenya.

Some of the highlites for me were the Wailing Wall in Isreal, the Valley of the Kings and King Tut's tomb in Egypt, the ancient city of Petra in Jordan, swimming in the Indian Ocean in the Sychells, and, of course the safari in Kenya.

That was truly a once in a lifetime experience,

I say a once in a lifetime experience because with all the problems going on in the Middle East today, as an American, I have no desire to repeat this voyage.

helenofcalifornia

I went to Hershey Park with my family awhile back and was completely amazed at the difference in taste there is in "fresh" Hershey bars you got at the end of the tour and ones that you get at your grocery stores. Fresh is best! And my vote for most beautiful place around is Alternate Route 14 out of Cody, Wyoming. Unbelievable views of the Wyoming countryside. You're at the top of the world.

DS

Fenderbender
Way back when I was a pup my gf and I did a small tour of europe and we went to the Paradisio ...in Amsterdam...set up like a candy booth...but also... they sold hash.
Moroccan,Nepalese,Indian...nice people