vacation time and retirement health care questions

bluecycle3

Have a fellow driver who is having some issues with his vacation time and his retirement health insurance.

here is the story, he wanted to take all his vacations at the beginning of this year and than retire, he was under the impression that his vacations were earned in the calendar year but ups is saying it is from his seniority date and he doesnt have the hours. i always thought it was calendar year but my seniority date is february so i guess it never affected me.

as for the health insurance in our old local it was available at any age after retirement but they are telling him that its 55 now, i thought it was grandfathered over when we had to switch locals, we are in teamcare now.

any help appreciated thanks

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Have a fellow driver who is having some issues with his vacation time and his retirement health insurance.

here is the story, he wanted to take all his vacations at the beginning of this year and than retire, he was under the impression that his vacations were earned in the calendar year but ups is saying it is from his seniority date and he doesnt have the hours. i always thought it was calendar year but my seniority date is february so i guess it never affected me.

as for the health insurance in our old local it was available at any age after retirement but they are telling him that its 55 now, i thought it was grandfathered over when we had to switch locals, we are in teamcare now.

He needs to call his local. They are all different. They are only one who is going to be able to give him the answers he needs.

govols019

You smell that?
From what I understand from everyone I know that has retired, the people responsible for helping you get your paperwork lined up act like they've never had anyone retire before.

oldupsman

Here in our region 55 is the new norm for both retirement and health care.

Notretiredyet

Here in our region 55 is the new norm for both retirement and health care.

It's 55 here for teamcare, we need to have 1850 ST hours from our FT seniority date to the date we retire to get all vacation weeks. My seniority date is in the middle of April, by working till the end of January I accrued enough hours to be eligible for all my weeks when I walked out the door a few days ago. My first pension check gets direct deposited Feb 1, have no idea when the vacation payoff checks will arrive.