Part time retirement health care.

Jetboat1

I'm in the 705 local with 18 years in this year in November I will have 19 years. I will turn 55 in October of 2025. Am I eligible for retirement health care if I stop working at 55 with 20 years in?
It sounds to good to be true. Is there something I'm missing!

Commercial Inside Release

Cash some of your stock into a Health Savings Account (pre-tax).

That should afford you the therapy for your fibbing, and avoid the capital gains tax.

(Also, will pay for your sex change.)

Jetboat1

If I retire at 55 then have no earned income all dividends and long term capital gains then like The first 50,000 is tax free if I use the standard deduction. Working would create earned income which is taxed at a higher rate.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
I'm in the 705 local with 18 years in this year November I will have 19 years. I will turn 55 in October of 2025. Am I eligible for retirement health care if I stop working at 55 with 20 years in?
It sounds to good to be true. Is there something I'm missing!
Yes, I agree. It sounds to good to be true.

Please check with the UPS pension plan/retirement dept. in Atlanta regarding your eligibility to retire. I would be  very surprised if you would be eligible to retire until you either have 25 years in, or reach 'normal retirement age' (probably 65). Article 34 section 8 in your contract basically says PT retiree Health & Welfare coverage (once you're eligible to start collecting your pension) would be thru TeamCare, so read your Summary Plan Description or otherwise check with them.

I don't have the details, but apparently it is extremely advantageous for PTers in L705 to go Full Time for a short while before actually retiring. It's my understanding that comes with a significant upgrade in the retiree H&W coverage.

Edit:TLDR you're free to stop working whenever you want, but as far as collecting your pension/retiree Healthcare coverage won't start until you hit a 'milestone' in years (probably 25) or reach 'normal retirement age'.

Last edited: