valet stops

JustTired

free at last.......
Isn't that when you deliver to a house and the girl comes to the door and says " That's, like, bitchin', I ordered this, like, yesterday......"

Oh wait....that's a "valley stop".

Maybe it's when you pull up to an exclusive restaraunt to take lunch. And the valet hops in the car and delivers while you are eating then returns at the end of your break. Cooool!!!

browniehound

Thats what iam talking about drivers that can not get 8 are told to take the valet stop

Only at UPS! You don't have 8 hours worth of work? Thats easy for us sups. to fix to cover outs butts. All we have to do is tell the driver "Do you know that retirement home you deliver to that recieves 10-20 packages/day that you leave at the main reception area without having to visit eacj apartment first? Just record each package with its apt. # and do LA/RES and that will turn your 1 stop into 15 or 20" thus this will bring a driver with 7.8 hours on paper to over 8 hours.

I understand why a sup. would do this, it C.H.A. on dispacthing too many routes under 8 hours.

My question is, what does this really accomplish?

I understand (to a degree) the business plan at UPS that is time-tested. Dispatching a driver with less than 8 hours is less profitable than giving him 8.8 hours of work.

I always understood that the impetus in giving management stock was so they would keep the best interests of the company in its mind. Fudging things on paper doesn't create a larger bottom line (unless of course you are fudging the accounting books, but that is an entire different game!),
yet the sup. will still do it to "make his numbers".

I have one more question. Is this the best way to manage from the top?
Holding our sups. to a .1 to .3 difference is silly. They get criticized for a driver having a 7.97 day, but are OK if the driver has an 8.03 day. What is the difference?

Mike Hawk

Only at UPS! You don't have 8 hours worth of work? Thats easy for us sups. to fix to cover outs butts. All we have to do is tell the driver "Do you know that retirement home you deliver to that recieves 10-20 packages/day that you leave at the main reception area without having to visit eacj apartment first? Just record each package with its apt. # and do LA/RES and that will turn your 1 stop into 15 or 20" thus this will bring a driver with 7.8 hours on paper to over 8 hours.

I understand why a sup. would do this, it C.H.A. on dispacthing too many routes under 8 hours.

My question is, what does this really accomplish?

I understand (to a degree) the business plan at UPS that is time-tested. Dispatching a driver with less than 8 hours is less profitable than giving him 8.8 hours of work.

I always understood that the impetus in giving management stock was so they would keep the best interests of the company in its mind. Fudging things on paper doesn't create a larger bottom line (unless of course you are fudging the accounting books, but that is an entire different game!),
yet the sup. will still do it to "make his numbers".

I have one more question. Is this the best way to manage from the top?
Holding our sups. to a .1 to .3 difference is silly. They get criticized for a driver having a 7.97 day, but are OK if the driver has an 8.03 day. What is the difference?
The supes career at UPS is based on the numbers he can attain, it doesn't matter if they are real or pulled out of his rectum.

New Englander

Where is this place called paradise where drivers get dispatched under 8 hours?

I've averaged 55 deliveries for 260ish pieces, 25 pick ups for maybe 80 pieces and 110 miles all week. 8.5 hours to complete the day. Full hour lunch, both 10 minute breaks and about 30 minutes of down time waiting for the remote boys to meet me so I can bring back their outbound!

Damn.....no lie.