Vehicle Weight

brown bomber

brown bomber
should be on registration or on the vehicle ID plate located in the interior of pkg car...the weight varies depending upon size & manufacturer og the pkg car

retired2000

you mean the package car? it is the other company that has home delivery trucks. like the post before me said it should be on the registration

over9five

Staff member
"Stamped on the exhaust manifold and can only be accessed by rubbing with fingers after a full day of delivery."

I've found it helps to see it if you lick it first.

SmithBarney

which truck?
we had at least 10 different variations on my old center.
In the area I live now, I've seen 3-4 trucks that are different
than anything we had.
Just read the DOT stickers on the side
that'll give you an idea of what it weighs in the morning... ;)
give or take a couple thousand pounds.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Somewhere on the vehicle the manufacturer should have a plate with all the vehicle specs. Look everywhere. sometimes they hide it. I've found them in some odd spots.

browntruckmechanic

Well isn't that special ?????????
Easiest way to find that information is to the mechanics and slip a gratuity in the form of a $100.00. And you can get all the answers you want. Be reminded you may not like the answers you get, so let buyer beware.

Ms Spoken

Just this past week I had the same question as to how much my P8 could hold maxed out. I was told that my truck is listed at weighing 5000lbs. So after being told this I found a scale on my route and the weight of it was 8600 lbs almost empty. My sup told me that my P8 could hold a max weight of over 20,000 lbs (10 tons) but, there is noway I could get out of 1st gear with that kind of weight on it.

Griff

This thread is scaring me since I regularly go over wooden bridges on one route that have like a 3 ton limit. (P700)

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
This thread is scaring me since I regularly go over wooden bridges on one route that have like a 3 ton limit. (P700)

I know what you mean. I once broke a bridge in someone's driveway with a near empty P5. I had been over it several times, I wasn't centered exactly over the telephone poles it was supported by. I luckily stopped after about the first ten 2X6s started to snap. I didn't get charged with an accident.

Dutch Dawg

Does any one know the GVW (Gross Vehical Weight) of the box UPS home delivery trucks?
They 're broken down into three catagories. Light- Heavy- Too Heavy. If you're uncertain what the one going down your street that you intend to complain to the city about is. Put your foot under one tire as it passes. The Too Heavy one's really hurt.

upshawk

I consistently weigh 17,000/18,000 pounds after pu's. Mechanics tell me limit is 10 ton or 20,000 pounds. It
is kind of hard starting up this hill on the way out of town

Ms Spoken

I consistently weigh 17,000/18,000 pounds after pu's. Mechanics tell me limit is 10 ton or 20,000 pounds. It
is kind of hard starting up this hill on the way out of town

Next time you check your paperwork inside the pouch take a look at the list weight the state says you can haul. My truck is listed at 20,000 but, the registration card says only 16,000 lbs. So for me, I'm going to follow what UPS has listed with the state. It's called CYA (cover your :censored2:)

over9five

Staff member
The original poster said GVW. I wonder if he's really asking if we need a CDL to drive one.

Basicly, the answer is package cars are registered under 26000 lbs.