Virtual Time Study tips - valets, indirects

Johney

Let's say you have 5 stops within an apt complex. You attempt all 5 and are able to get rid of 3. You sheet the 2 as NI's, scan the delivery notice, complete the stop. You then bring them to the office, sheet each stop, put in prerecord, designate both as duplicate residential, left at office. 5 stops total.
Why would you sheet the two as NI if you knew you were going to leave them at the office?

Johney

If you are leaving an info notice at each apartment, the only way to record those would be as an individual stop for each apartment. Which you would have to do, that way if the apartment dweller enters the info notice number into ups.com, it will show where you left the package. If you do not do that, they have no way of tracking their delivery unless they have the tracking number.

That is what I told my management team when they told me to sheet a building as one stop. They agreed with the explanation and that is now how it is supposed to be done.

You cannot record more than one info notice per stop. You are doing it for the customer.
If you know you're going to leave it at the office why scan the note? There is no reason for the consignee to need the info notice #,just go to were is says "in your absence we left your package here" and you check box marked office.

Edit: Of course this only works if they actually read the notice:peaceful:

menotyou

bella amicizia
If you know you're going to leave it at the office why scan the note? There is no reason for the consignee to need the info notice #,just go to were is says "in your absence we left your package here" and you check box marked office.

Edit: Of course this only works if they actually read the notice:peaceful:
I've never delivered to an apt. building that accepted packages at the office.

dcdriver

nations capital
The time study is on Wednesday. Wish us luck! A few drivers in our center are concerned about it and we have come up with a pretty good "plan of attack" for that day. The other 80% of our center dont seem to care and are planning on just stop completing in the package car etc...LOL

Hope they enjoy 200+ stops everyday for the next 10 years.

i will just bump you off your route and you enjoy the 2oo plus stops.

Johney

I've never delivered to an apt. building that accepted packages at the office.
I never had a problem with the office's accepting deliveries as long as I left a note. But sometimes a driver would not leave notes and screw it up for everybody. That usually would be the apts. that go to the split car.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Let's say you have 5 stops within an apt complex. You attempt all 5 and are able to get rid of 3. You sheet the 2 as NI's, scan the delivery notice, complete the stop. You then bring them to the office, sheet each stop, put in prerecord, designate both as duplicate residential, left at office. 5 stops total.

Why would you sheet the two as NI if you knew you were going to leave them at the office?

Because it is an accurate record of your movements.

ymelord

Scheduled to have mine next week. My route has two large room to room valets and one large neighborhood indirect stop. Any tips or suggestions on getting the best allowance from those of you who have had their routes done?

Center management team has said to sheet each additional indirect as a duplicate stop instead of a normal stop even though you have to go to each door/stop to leave a delivery notice....

t has a
Just sheet it as you did your last OJS ride if they didn't correct you then, you must of done it right. Quit being such a wuss, and worring how it looks on paper. By the methods, friend'm on there time study

MaceFremonti

friend'm? A good time study equals less work for the same planned day. I would prefer less work my last four years here rather than more.

I understand the whole " It's their numbers!" mentality but whatever I can do to make my day easier I will.

BTW we are a bonus center.....:P

CAFAL

I know in our center management told us how gain the most time. I would do it how they say to. The more allowance you get is better for their over allowed numbers as a whole. This is supposed to benefit everybody.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
My understanding is that you can't beat the virtual time study.
The computer marks where you park and calculates the straight line distance from that spot to the suggested delivery point in the google earth program.
Have you ever seen the satellite pictures attached to a driver follow up?
Every delivery has a suggested delivery point somehow.
They didn't even tell us when they did ours, so I there was no effort made to stop complete at the point of delivery.
As Teamsters we need to collectively embrace the fair days work for a fair days pay language and let management worry allowances.
Bonus be damned!

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I wouldn't worry about their time studies. Maybe your man. team tells you how to improve, maybe they don't. Who cares? There's nothing you can do about it either way.

The last route I had before I left PC, was a route in the middle of a large midwestern city. High-rise office buildings, very bulky route, some high-rise lofts/apartments, and very few actual houses.A LOT of pretty ladies in this area (hey, there was a reason I bid on it). It was a busy route, but not to bad for a guy in his early 40's. It was the first route I've ever been on that I actually scratched. You almost couldn't help but scratch on this route.

Then, one day, they did these new time studies on all of us downtown drivers. When the results came in, most of us went from being scratch drivers, to being an hour, to an hour and a half over-allowed. Just like that. Nothing changed on ANY of our routes. Well, not until after the time study. On the positive side, I felt back at home being +1.50 over everyday. On the negative, here came all of the new work. I used to get off around 6 to 6:30 every night. After the new work, I worked until 8:30 every night and 3 to 4 days of the week, they had to come pull buildings off the route just so I could get done.

Don't worry about these time studies. Look at it like a raise. That's how your paychecks will look anyway.