VRP Check Arrived!

RetiredIE

Retirement is VASTLY underrated
My VRP check arrived this morning. It was Driver Released on my DRIVEWAY, but I got it. Not that I have trust issues, but I immediately drove to my bank and deposited it.

This whole process was more painful and harder than it should have been. It should have been an exciting, happy time to celebrate a career. UPS HR made it anything but. The communication on this was horrible, as were follow up and follow through. But, it is over and it worked out in the end...

Popeye

My VRP check arrived this morning. It was Driver Released on my DRIVEWAY, but I got it. Not that I have trust issues, but I immediately drove to my bank and deposited it.

This whole process was more painful and harder than it should have been. It should have been an exciting, happy time to celebrate a career. UPS HR made it anything but. The communication on this was horrible, as were follow up and follow through. But, it is over and it worked out in the end...

When was your separation date? There is no excuse for the checks not to be ready right after you leave. They’ve known the exact amounts and the separation dates in plenty of time.

RetiredIE

Retirement is VASTLY underrated
I think I got caught in the middle. I was in my paid vacation leading up to my retirement when they announced the VRP. I constantly fell through the cracks. I absolutely agree with you regarding UPS knowing exact amounts and dates. In my experience, while there are exceptions, HR is not a particularly strong organization.

Popeye

So you’ve been retired since April when they made the announcement? If so, I’d assume your check was in the first batch along with the people who left at the end of August. I left at the end of Sept and they told us not to expect the payment until Nov 15, which is ridiculous. They’ve known who was leaving and they knew by July when each person was leaving and the exact amount of their check. The woman in HR who runs the VRP conf calls and apparently handles a lot of retirement stuff is truly a nasty piece of work. She doesn’t belong in any kind of job where her role is to be helpful and solve problems. She’s a manage with initials HH.

Popeye

My separation date was Sept 30. I sent my supplemental release form via email at 12:01am on Sept 30. About 10 minutes ago I received acknowledgement that it was received and approved. It said I'd receive the payment on Nov 15. They've known the exact amount they'd be paying since June 15 and it still takes them a month and a half from my separation date to send it? This company is truly fulked beyond redemption. Glad to be gone!

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
So you’ve been retired since April when they made the announcement? If so, I’d assume your check was in the first batch along with the people who left at the end of August. I left at the end of Sept and they told us not to expect the payment until Nov 15, which is ridiculous. They’ve known who was leaving and they knew by July when each person was leaving and the exact amount of their check. The woman in HR who runs the VRP conf calls and apparently handles a lot of retirement stuff is truly a nasty piece of work. She doesn’t belong in any kind of job where her role is to be helpful and solve problems. She’s a manage with initials HH.

True Story..Last time on contacted the UPS Retirement department was about 9 years ago inquiring about what happen to my pension estimate that I turned in 6 months prior. The lady transferred me to the person in charge in Corporate and then informed me that she was out for lunch, previously I was told the same thing from other inquiries..Either she did not want to talk to me or they are have real long lunch breaks in Atlanta..Guessing the later.

Popeye

True Story..Last time on contacted the UPS Retirement department was about 9 years ago inquiring about what happen to my pension estimate that I turned in 6 months prior. The lady transferred me to the person in charge in Corporate and then informed me that she was out for lunch, previously I was told the same thing from other inquiries..Either she did not want to talk to me or they are have real long lunch breaks in Atlanta..Guessing the later.

I worked in corporate for many years. Both are true. HR people spend more time on break in the cafe than they do working. And if you do happen to catch them at their desk you are a huge inconvenience to them and they treat you as such. ESPECIALLY the woman with initials HH who works on retirement stuff.

Popeye

I've got to say, it felt very good to get that check. Provided a lot of closure, and well, money...
I’ve already received my first pension check. Still waiting for vacation pay and VRP. The VRP contract says they have to pay “as soon as administratively possible” after separation date. I think a case could be made that they are not doing this. What could possibly be there defense? Gross incompetence?

Popeye

I've got to say, it felt very good to get that check. Provided a lot of closure, and well, money...
I’m looking forward to it also. The VRP offer wasn’t all that great. But that’s typical of the current UPS. They hire consultants to figure out an offer that sucks just a little less than staying at UPS for a few more years. These days staying would suck a lot.